Burglary in Woodseats

Rocky76

Just a heads up.We were burgled on Monday night around 6ish in Woodseats.A large amount of Jewellery and Sony 40 inch Tv was taken.Distictive Aquamarine ring , Blue John pendant and Pandora charm bracelet.Neighbour says she saw two men in a white van at a similar time wearing high vis jackets walking near our house.Snapped the lock off the side door with pliers and kicked it in.We have two young children and could have walked in on them.Keep an eye out.Would love to catch these scallies and give them a good smack.

Edited by Rocky76
Spelling

Just a heads up.We were burgled on Monday night around 6ish in Woodseats.A large amount of Jewellery and Sony 40 inch Tv was taken.Distictive Aquamarine ring , Blue John pendant and Pandora charm bracelet.Neighbour says she saw two men in a white van at a similar time wearing high vis jackets walking near our house.Snapped the lock off the side door with pliers and kicked it in.We have two young children and could have walked in on them.Keep an eye out.Would love to catch these scallies and give them a good smack.

SMACK ,,more than that :loopy::loopy::loopy:

Which bit of Woodseats, my son lives there and is away at the moment, his partner is there alone with her young son.

Although it won't stop them going anywhere if they see a property that looks tempting.

Hope you get your stuff back I've been burgled and its not nice.

Edited by trackrunner

Sorry to hear that Rocky. We were also burgled a week last Friday and we live just off Woodseats Road. They smashed all the glass out in the large sliding patio door and took our LG 42" TV and rifled through drawers for money and jewelry. A neighbour saw three dodgy looking youths walking past and stop at our fence to peer in through our windows just before it happened, around 5pm that day.

Sorry to hear that Rocky - I live on Woodseats and will keep my eyes open for anything that looks related.

As an aside and I know it's too late now, but this may help other people - I replaced my front door lock with an anti-bump/anti-snap one a couple of years ago. Quite cheap and pretty easy to fit myself. Got mine for about 20 quid from http://www.handlestore.com/locks/yale-security-euro-cylinder There's even videos on the site showing you how to fit it, took me 5 minutes.