The consequence thread (Brexit)

it's our performance which should concern us, how our competitors do is of lesser importance

They're not competitors, the UK is in Europe, globally speaking the economy of the EU is seen as one, rightly or wrongly. That was the whole point of the single market, the stress on the markets now comes from the realisation that this single market might end because of a rash decision to 'take back control'. It is logical that this would affect both the EU and the UK.

Regardless of that, it is the UK who is getting the brunt of bad news. Its forecast was slashed by a whole percent, far harsher than the prospects for the Eurozone, which as a whole, is unaffected according to the IMF.

Pretty much everything (component wise) has gone up 10% since the referendum result.

As stated that is slight.

I suppose it also depends on where you shop as well, if people buy Dell or stuff from PC world then what do you expect. If you look around for parts you can still get a bargain as there is a lot of competition around. Unfortunately some component prices such as RAM have gone up by almost 20% but that has nothing to do with Brexit as tzijlstra was trying to make out.

It seems that many on here who voted stay are eager to try and blame everything on Brexit when sometimes its just not the case.

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 20:40 ----------

The lower increase in growth if translated to share prices, would cost me at least £50

Others might be much worse off.

Is that per day, week or year?

I said it's likely we are in recession now.

May I also refer you to the definition of recession being "temporary economic decline".

It would be difficult to fit a recession around the IMF forecast (this morning) of 1.7% growth in 2016 and 1.3% in 2017. Which is a shame as I know quite a few folk are desperately praying for one.

It has not stopped The Joker though has it?

Did Our Nige' tell you that? I'd love to know how you came to that conclusion.

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 20:55 ----------

It's certainly put me off upgrading my computer, the increases aren't "slight" by any stretch of the imagination.

I was speccing up a new backup system, about £10,000 of software and about £7,000 hardware.

I was informed last week the hardware costs for that have also jumped over 10%; the backup library alone is now over £7,700.

Surprisingly, I'm not in such a rush to purchase now.

Do any Brexiters have any advice on what I should do?

It seems that many on here who voted stay are eager to try and blame everything on Brexit when sometimes its just not the case.

As much as I'd love to take your word on that, it very much is the case in my situation.

Brexit led to a falling pound, which led to more expensive imports.

Do any Brexiters have any advice on what I should do?

It may be helpful if you could provide an honest breakdown on what you are trying to achieve and what hardware backup and software you require, and why?

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 21:03 ----------

As much as I'd love to take your word on that, it very much is the case in my situation.

Brexit led to a falling pound, which led to more expensive imports.

But.. Do the bits you require need importing or are they already imported?

Edited by apelike

As stated that is slight.

I suppose it also depends on where you shop as well, if people buy Dell or stuff from PC world then what do you expect. If you look around for parts you can still get a bargain as there is a lot of competition around. Unfortunately some component prices such as RAM have gone up by almost 20% but that has nothing to do with Brexit as tzijlstra was trying to make out.

Wait, so because I said it, it isn't to do with Brexit? How about this little helpful link.

That shows the global price of RAM in USD. You will notice it is on a downward trend, the fact that it jumped up by 20% has EVERYTHING to do with Brexit, unless of course you think that a Remain vote would have led to the same crash in the value of the GBP?

Who are you lying to? Yourself or others? And if you are, can you please stop it, it is pretty deluded.