Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

There's some nice scary stories on this thread, but what have all of them got in common?

That's right, not a single shred of proof! We've all got camera phones these days and can instantly capture either a still or moving image if we see something supernatural. So why is it that no-one has ever captured irrefutable evidence of ghosts?.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/13082009017copy.jpg

Check out this picture which i took in an old todwick nursing home.

You can make out a face with an eye , the nostril mouth area .

You might not spot it at first.

And before anyone starts going on one this my picture which i personally took believe it or not.

Zoom in and focus on the image and zoom out and keep focusing on the spot and you will see what i mean

...Check out this picture which i took in an old todwick nursing home.

You can make out a face with an eye , the nostril mouth area . ...

All you're doing there is demonstrating that we're primed to seek out patterns in meaningless stimuli. Two minutes on Google will provide you with a wealth of information on the subject.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/13082009017copy.jpg

Check out this picture which i took in an old todwick nursing home.

You can make out a face with an eye , the nostril mouth area .

You might not spot it at first.

And before anyone starts going on one this my picture which i personally took believe it or not.

Zoom in and focus on the image and zoom out and keep focusing on the spot and you will see what i mean

Eye, nostril and mouth, my my, what an inventive mind you must have. I can see a dark passage, and doors and that's it.

Regards

Angel.

Interesting accounts Dom.

Though I think hearing somebody walking around upstairs will just be your next door neighbour walking around their house. Is your house a terrace or semi-detached?

Not just brain chemistry, there is physical causality at the root of most non-dream experiences. Obviously the dream experiences are just that, whether asleep or awake.

There is plenty of hard empirical blind test evidence that these experiences are completely natural. There's no hard empirical test evidence that they are supernatural.

It continues to be an endless source of fascination that some people wilfully ignore the simple explanations in favour of people coming back from the dead.

I'm inclined to agree with all of that.

However, how does that explain how people see/hear the same thing on different occasions and have matching accounts of what happened? Sometimes to quite some detail, for example the clothing a supposed ghost is wearing.

I watched a documentary some time ago about ghosts of the London underground. It was actually all down to a noise.

Angel, hes talking about the door on the right. Old bloke with a beard. We do seek out and make faces though, do we all interpret the same face or does it differ from person to person?

Though I think hearing somebody walking around upstairs will just be your next door neighbour walking around their house. Is your house a terrace or semi-detached?

I'm inclined to agree with all of that.

However, how does that explain how people see/hear the same thing on different occasions and have matching accounts of what happened? Sometimes to quite some detail, for example the clothing a supposed ghost is wearing.

I watched a documentary some time ago about ghosts of the London underground. It was actually all down to a noise.

Angel, hes talking about the door on the right. Old bloke with a beard. We do seek out and make faces though, do we all interpret the same face or does it differ from person to person?

I live in a semi detached house , the neighbors are always banging about, and it is a very destictive sound as we have no carpet on the landing.

I do see your point but its the exact same sound when somone does acctually go upstairs even tho there i nobody there!

Stocksbridge byepass is haunted like you wouldnt belive it was on strange but true, with michael aspel a few years ago, and I know lots of people who wont go near the place after dark

I used the by-pass several times a day, all round the clock 6 days a week from the day it opened till 5 years ago, never saw owt untoward, except a couple of Deer, the odd Fox and Badger dashing across the road. I did have some clown flag me down one night around 3 the morning asking if I had seen any suspicious sights, told him there was a car in the last layby with it's windows steamed up, that's about the most exciting thing I saw.

Regards

Angel.

I have had another look, still can't see owt, sorry. I suppose many of these sightings depend on your point of view, if you believe, then you may see things others like me will not see, if you know what I mean.

Regards

Angel.