Proposed NEXT store Public Inquiry

I don't know if this has been asked before and I'm not wading through 100+ posts to find out.. if Next were to use Staples/Mothercare then what would happen to the businesses already on that site?

Scottish Widows own this site and when the original plans were considered they indicated one of the tennants would be happy to vacate - they did not say whether this would be a relocation or closing down.

They said the other tennant would not be a problem which to me indicates they would be made an offer to leave the site.

Scottish Widows have now withdrawn their objection to Next building outside the city centre and both businesses remain trading at Moorfoot.

Scottish Widows own this site and when the original plans were considered they indicated one of the tennants would be happy to vacate - they did not say whether this would be a relocation or closing down.

They said the other tennant would not be a problem which to me indicates they would be made an offer to leave the site.

Scottish Widows have now withdrawn their objection to Next building outside the city centre and both businesses remain trading at Moorfoot.

OK Ta :) ..

I don't know if this has been asked before and I'm not wading through 100+ posts to find out.. if Next were to use Staples/Mothercare then what would happen to the businesses already on that site?

That has been asked of Planner by myself and many others but he has always dodged it, well, to be precise, ignored it. A popular term where Next, Planner, the Holy PLAN and Coulfield are concerned :)

So now you are criticising the Council for potentially allowing a business to build what it wants, where it wants, whilst you have previously criticised them for not doing so. That doesn't seem to make much sense.

It makes perfect sense.

The people of Sheffield want Next - they want it by Meadowhall. The people of Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster want it as well so they can access it.

Nobody wants a 15000 seater rugby stadium, other than the Sheffield Eagles and Rotherham Titans. Max attendance 1000 tops.

That has been asked of Planner by myself and many others but he has always dodged it, well, to be precise, ignored it. A popular term where Next, Planner, the Holy PLAN and Coulfield are concerned :)

Post #162 has explained it.