Alone this Christmas?

I thought id start a post where people for whatever reason are alone this Christmas can post their let other people know what your gonna get up to, share experiences or even arrange to meet up etc.

Note:- Its Christmas so TROLLS please stay away from this one.

Does it matter whether or not the OP is going to be on their own at Christmas? I think the thread is a good idea, Christmas can be a very lonely time for some people.

Alone and lonely are not synonymous.

I doubt lonely people would be comforted by lots of people posting how they were looking forward to spending the period alone away from the stresses of being forced to spend time with people they don't want to be with.

Perhaps the tread title should be changed if the OP meant lonely rather than alone.

I read an article that because alot of people dont live in their home towns & work away or many people not with their respective partners anymore etc that more people than ever are spending Christmas alone.

Some people prefer to be alone instead of spending the tortuous day with people they dont see all year.

Thats why i said 'for whatever reason' that they are alone.

I read an article that because alot of people dont live in their home towns & work away or many people not with their respective partners anymore etc that more people than ever are spending Christmas alone.

Some people prefer to be alone instead of spending the tortuous day with people they dont see all year.

Thats why i said 'for whatever reason' that they are alone.

Fair enough. I just wanted to clarify the intended purpose of the thread.

Ok, I will start the ball rolling - yes, I will be alone this christmas, and no, not by choice :(

I wont be lonely though, Jack Daniels will be keeping me company.

Sorry to hear that.

This is the first year since I can remember that it is just me and my wife. We decided months ago that it was more important to continue work on our respective PhDs than to have Christmas with the family. A good choice, but it will be very odd.

At least we had a choice and we are still the two of us, I can't really imagine what it is like to not share Christmas with any loved ones. I will raise my Laphroaig with you in mind Ghostrider.

Archived