Massive Food Queues in London - UK Society broken.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/28/article-2224304-04BA84B4000005DC-777_468x286.jpg

The picture says it all! Hundreds of Londoners queuing in the rain for food parcels.

In Bradford, schools are sending pupils home with food due to the increasing amount of underweight children attending school!

Hungry children from families too poor to eat are being taught cookery at school on Fridays so they have food to take home for the weekend.

Shocking figures have also revealed the number of Britons relying on emergency food handouts has soared to record levels - with charities warning the grim situation is going to get worse.

One in seven children regularly go without a hot meal, according to the Unite union, and in Bradford, West Yorkshire, a handful of schools are getting pupils to cook a high-carbohydrate, nutritious meal before heading home for the weekends.

And the problem is a nationwide one!

The South West has the highest numbers turning to the Trussell Trust, with 21,000 people, including 7,000 children, being fed since April - just 5,000 less than the nationwide figure in 2008-09.

This is compared to 16,000 in the South East and 15,000 in London, where nearly 6,400 youngsters are among those going hungry.

In the West Midlands around 14,000 people have been using foodbanks, compared to almost 12,000 in Wales and nearly 10,000 in the North West.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224304/Schools-teach-cookery-Fridays-hungry-children-families-poor-eat-food-weekend.html#ixzz2Acn83IGu

Disgrace.

These parents should be locked up for child absue. Clearly not fit enough to engage brain before opening their legs.

What exactly out of our hard earned taxes are these people spending their benefits on? - what the hell is going on with these people? Social support all round which is clearly being p***ed away on everything and anything BUT the essentials.

Close these food banks, publically name and shame these moron parents who clearly have no sense of managing money and hand out nothing but vouchers for the ESSENTIAL items.

No booze, no gambling, no drugs, no electronics, no fags for these wasters. Then lets see how many people cannot "afford" to buy food.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/28/article-2224304-04BA84B4000005DC-777_468x286.jpg

The picture says it all! Hundreds of Londoners queuing in the rain for food parcels.

In Bradford, schools are sending pupils home with food due to the increasing amount of underweight children attending school!

And the problem is a nationwide one!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224304/Schools-teach-cookery-Fridays-hungry-children-families-poor-eat-food-weekend.html#ixzz2Acn83IGu

No doubt an article straight from the pages of "The Issue" Oh I see from the Daily Wail....Britain's biggest spreader of BS

Disgrace.

These parents should be locked up for child absue. Clearly not fit enough to engage brain before opening their legs.

What exactly out of our hard earned taxes are these people spending their benefits on? - what the hell is going on with these people? Social support all round which is clearly being p***ed away on everything and anything BUT the essentials.

Close these food banks, publically name and shame these moron parents who clearly have no sense of managing money and hand out nothing but vouchers for the ESSENTIAL items.

No booze, no gambling, no drugs, no electronics, no fags for these wasters. Then lets see how many people cannot "afford" to buy food.

I agree that in modern Britain people shouldn't have to rely upon the benevolence of charity, but why close the food banks? They are clearly filling a gap that's urgently needed.

And your call to name and shame people in financial crisis is just knee jerk and reactionary. What would it achieve? The chance for those in comfort to look down on others and condemn them for being 'lazy' or 'stupid'.

I agree that in modern Britain people shouldn't have to rely upon the benevolence of charity, but why close the food banks? They are clearly filling a gap that's urgently needed.

And your call to name and shame people in financial crisis is just knee jerk and reactionary. What would it achieve? The chance for those in comfort to look down on others and condemn them for being 'lazy' or 'stupid'.

The only gap they are filling is allowing those morons an excuse to spend their little money on non essentials - since the government bails them out with food they will just think "oh good I can use my dole for something else".

My point is - get rid of the food handouts and it would force them to rethink where they are spending their dole monies and force them into two simple options. Stop buying fags and booze and buy some bread and milk instead or starve. If they fail to work out this simple life choice - take the kids off them and leave them to fend for themselves until they do learn.

those GENUINELY in need of food i.e. homeless, volunerable, elderly, infirm will get food. There are plenty of services providing it.

These "queues" are filled with nothing more than lazy spongers who are getting yet another taxpayer funded bailout. It has to stop.

They get money. They get accommodation. They get travel costs. They get free healthcare and prescriptions. What more should we have to sub in their lives.

Its absolutely disgraceful.

When I was a child my mother never got handouts. There was no such thing as foodbanks. People learned to budget. People shopped sensibly. People did without booze, fags, luxury items, gambilng until they could afford to do so.

Its not rocket science.

Whilst the Daily Fail was taking photos and doing their woe is me interviews - why didn't they go and take a look at their houses to see what non essential items they have - how many have sky? internet? laptops? mobiles? fancy televisions? designer clothing? cars? What about interviewing these people to see where their money goes? Do any of them bother to work?

No...of course not. That doesn't make a good sensationalist story.

. . . . . My point is - get rid of the food handouts and it would force them to rethink where they are spending their dole monies and force them into two simple options. Stop buying fags and booze and buy some bread and milk instead or starve. If they fail to work out this simple life choice - take the kids off them and leave them to fend for themselves until they do learn.

those GENUINELY in need of food i.e. homeless, volunerable, elderly, infirm will get food. There are plenty of services providing it. . . . . .

Spot on.

I've said for years that benefits should be provided in the form of food and utility vouchers - not cash. The majority (not all, I know) of people on the benefits wagon are there because they're not very bright and incapable of making sensible decisions for themselves - so best take the strain from them and prevent them from self-harming by spending their benefits on things they don't need. Only giving them vouchers will help and protect them.

sadly people like chemist approve of the minimum rather than a living wage(see thread on nhs jobs)- wages will have to be propped up by benefits and charity until this changes.

Surely the minimum wage SHOULD be a living wage in the first place.

Minimum wage went up 1.8% this year. How much has bread gone up! And fuel and other foodstuffs!

Disgrace.

What is the matter with you?

Really, what will it take to convince you that this country is in serious trouble?

Thanks to years of mismanagement by those 'in charge' (of all political persuasions,) many, many people are finding themselves in dire straights. It's going to get a lot worse and you could also find yourself joining the queue. Do you read the newspapers or follow the news at all?

Who would you blame for those found homeless in the second world war? The people for not taking care of their houses, or the bombers that wrecked them? Make no mistake we are now fighting a war against poverty in this country, and your attitude is not helpful.

Archived