Challenge: Feed yourself for less than £2 per day!

Ok, lemme lay down the "rules" of the game, and explanation why first..

The explanation why, is, I lost my job just over a month ago, have debts to pay (Council tax left by a previous housemate at my old place, and the place was under my name... but that's a different subject) and the usual bills..

After all outgoings, I am now left with £9 in the bank, and no food, I have to feed myself for 5 days, on £9

Rules:

You have VERY limited utensils to cook with, No microwave or things like a slow cooker, only 2 pans, 1 frying pan, and not much in the way of cutlery etc... No measuring Jug, or pyrex dishes for the oven...

So it's not as simple as just buying fresh produce and making meals that way.

So, that's your challenge...

How can I feed myself, for 5 days, with £9 and limited cooking utensils...

Ok, lemme lay down the "rules" of the game, and explanation why first..

The explanation why, is, I lost my job just over a month ago, have debts to pay (Council tax left by a previous housemate at my old place, and the place was under my name... but that's a different subject) and the usual bills..

After all outgoings, I am now left with £9 in the bank, and no food, I have to feed myself for 5 days, on £9

Rules:

You have VERY limited utensils to cook with, No microwave or things like a slow cooker, only 2 pans, 1 frying pan, and not much in the way of cutlery etc... No measuring Jug, or pyrex dishes for the oven...

So it's not as simple as just buying fresh produce and making meals that way.

So, that's your challenge...

How can I feed myself, for 5 days, with £9 and limited cooking utensils...

Nigh on impossible i agree,but i suppose potatoes,carrots,onions cooked in one of the two pans would prevent you from starving.[would normally add the meat to that list,but thats pushing it on £9.00]

It would be tricky, but doable. Buy some pasta, tinned tomatoes, baked beans, small loaf of bread, maybe some eggs and cheese and some vegetables. You can have pasta with tomatoes, and beans on toast, maybe omelettes too. If you buy everything from the cheap own brand range it won't cost much. Meat is too expensive, so I wouldn't bother with it.

Ok, to help out... here's a list of foods I don't like (when I say don't like, I mean, to the point of physically making me gag when I eat it)

Tomatoes

Beans (any and all types)

Swede

Sweet Potato

Lentils

Mushrooms

Fish... really cannot stand ANY sea food

(Will add to, as I remember)

Then you also have to take into account things like, Butter, milk, cooking oil, and things people would normally just have in the house... I have NONE of them...

And something else, it's ok saying buy economy stuff, but it all depends on the closest shop to me that sells such things, I can't go to Lidl or Aldi as they are the opposite side of the city to me...

Archived