Would the world be happier without a God?

If it could be proved absolutely conclusively that God did not exist in any form , what difference would it make. Would people be happier or not so happy?

My belief is that there would be fewer conflicts around the globe as there is no God available to reward the brainwashed conscripts who commit murder in his name.

Once people come to terms with their own mortality they can enjoy life more for what it is.

"I have reached the conclusion that the world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible only by our own mad attempts to interpret it as though it has some underlying truth."

Religion is merely an excuse for some to commit mass murder. Get rid of religion and the same people will just adopt another cause to excuse the inexcusable.

You may well be correct, although I hate to think so as it would imply that some people enjoy murdering for the sake of murdering.

If you removed faith & religions from human culture as it is now, I think it would be a bad thing. Some people need their faith.

If we taught the next generations to think more about things and don't teach them about ANY religions/faiths at ALL, then I think they will do fine without it. I doubt that many people would start believing in any of the gods without prior teachings about them.

EDIT: By this I mean stopping Religious Education also. We do not teach fantasy as truth, if we were to remove "God" from culture then he too would be universally regarded as fantasy.

There would still be wars, just a little less. Maybe a little less hate. I think the main difference would be personal freedom for those whose religion dictates what they can and can't do.

If i didn't believe in God, I would wonder why his name kept cropping up,even in a thread i started,( not my intension) It even happened on the meditation thread.

There certainly must be a power, it follows you about everywhere.:hihi:

If i didn't believe in God, I would wonder why his name kept cropping up,even in a thread i started,( not my intension) It even happened on the meditation thread.

There certainly must be a power, it follows you about everywhere.:hihi:

No you wouldn't, his name wouldn't crop up, because of this...

If it could be proved absolutely conclusively that God did not exist in any form

Archived