Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

Sorry mate, i'm from Firth Park. Remember my mom used to take me to Attercliffe to shop at Banners. Do you remember the girls at the tills used to put the money in little containers and put it in a suction pipe? The container would go with a wooosh up the pipe and travel along pipes in the ceiling to the accounts office(presumably) and then come back to the cashier with the correct money. My Aunty Elsie and Uncle Harry used to live at Attercliffe, cant remember their address at the mo, but they used to send us to a little chippy just round the corner sometimes when we went visiting.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by KIWI

Many happy and eventful years spent ln attercliffe

Lived ln Beall St and Cottingham St Many moons ago

I was born in Cottingham Street. Number 54, I think. The house got blasted by a land mine or bomb during the blitz. We escaped to the cellar of a neighbour's house - they were called Gleadall, I think.

my parents and grand parents all came off don rd just down from alford rd. they were called brand and were a large family. my other family are tuckwoods and roberts who also came from the alford rd area.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived