Patterned concrete for drives - anyone has it?

Hi...

Just thinking of getting my driveway concreted with the patterned stuff and was wondering if anyone had it done and could give me a rough idea of costs - our drive would fit two cars comfortably side by side (with more room than the Crystal Peaks spaces to get out of!!)...

Does that give an idea? Not a massive area...about 6metres/8metres (if my estimation of it is any good!)

I have got a couple of companies coming round to have a look - just wanted an initial idea.

Cheers.

I phoned a few companies last year, gave them the sizes and told them it was to go on top of existing SOLID concrete, so very little preparation was needed. I could'nt get a straight answer out of them-it was like talking to the double glazing salesmen, went off the idea in the end. All I wanted was an average price per meter, may as well have talked to the wall.

I phoned a few companies last year, gave them the sizes and told them it was to go on top of existing SOLID concrete, so very little preparation was needed. I could'nt get a straight answer out of them-it was like talking to the double glazing salesmen, went off the idea in the end. All I wanted was an average price per meter, may as well have talked to the wall.

To be fair they're only covering their backs. If your existing concrete doesn't have a sound base or isn't thick enough if any problems occur with the top surface they've laid, the customer would hold them liable.

they will usually excavate anything anyway. u cannot guarantee the sub structure of an existing driv.

i paid £1600 for the same size roughly as liose in 2003, my neighbour paid nearer 2k for the same last year.inlaws paid about 1600 but it was a bit of dodgy dealing.

in all cases they dug up the existing drives to get a better surface plan soak aways,run offs etc.

(dont have red colours - it shows the muck too much - so she says anyway,but it was her choice).

Do not part with a deposit under any circumsances - guy at Dronfield running a con - has enough ccjs to paper the staircase from absconding with deposits - has all the flash literature/ samples and big car - looks the part and is very successful at what he does - Last known going under name of Brian - tall distinguished and white / silver hair. Paid 2k for mine firm from manchester did what they said on the tin. Will dig the name out if required

Archived