Apparently we're not in recession some people on here have said

Isn't recession just when people aren't spending their money, they're hoarding it in bank accounts?

Wouldn't telling people not to worry because there's no recession make them more likely to spend money which would help end this situation?

Seems like the more people go on and on about it and the more sensationalist news reports there are, the worse it gets.

"oh god, the figures from last year are in, the economy shrank by 000.5%. Doom doom the end is nigh. Lock yourselves in, this is going to continue for years"

Isn't recession just when people aren't spending their money, they're hoarding it in bank accounts?

Wouldn't telling people not to worry because there's no recession make them more likely to spend money which would help end this situation?

Seems like the more people go on and on about it and the more sensationalist news reports there are, the worse it gets.

"oh god, the figures from last year are in, the economy shrank by 000.5%. Doom doom the end is nigh. Lock yourselves in, this is going to continue for years"

I know, let's close our eyes and count to ten and when we open them again it'll all have gone away.

I know, let's close our eyes and count to ten and when we open them again it'll all have gone away.

Or, let's everyone of us spend our savings on goods. That would create an increased demand and more jobs.

We've been manipulated into this situation, you don't seem to suggest any way out. I'm not an economist or financial commentator so I really have no idea what would help but I'm pretty sure telling everyone they're in recession and it's never going to end can only serve to make things worse.

When the yanks start spending and borrowing again, everyone else will and this manufactured recession will be over. I reckon it'd happen sooner if there were less doomsayers around.

Archived