Woodbine cigarettes

I remember them well, Arthur. But wasn’t it two Woodbines and three matches. There was one outside a shop in Ecclesall Road that I tried a few times when I first started smoking. I think I was about nine or ten. Soon gave it up though. I could buy a lot of sweets for a penny!

I don't recall the machines but in the early 50's my dad smoked Woodbine and Mum smoked ParkDrive,little cigs with no tips, they must have killed the throat,did you ever smoke Craven'A'?

I have an old tin sign that say's " For your throat's sake Smoke Craven 'A' they never vary - from the picture it looks like they have tips on.

when I think back about the different brands I tried..the first I ever smoked were Meadow Gold,then I graduated to Woodbines,Parkdrive etc..at one time I smoked Capstan full strength,and Camel...that was then ,I'm paying for it now..cough cough

when I think back about the different brands I tried..the first I ever smoked were Meadow Gold,then I graduated to Woodbines,Parkdrive etc..at one time I smoked Capstan full strength,and Camel...that was then ,I'm paying for it now..cough cough[/QUO

Never heard of Meadow Gold - sounds more like a low fat spread but obviously not as good for you.

twinky

Many years ago, Arthur, my dad smoked Woodbines...he couldn't smoke Park Drive.

I started smoking at 15, and tried a variety of brands, starting with Woodbines, Park Drive...which I couldn't stand.......then Players Medium Cut and finally Players Full Strength.........real early coffin material.

On occasion I tried Black Russian Sobranie, real man-about town, in those days.......finally ending for many years on Benson & Hedges............now I drag on Sovereign...........as someone else commented (cough..cough..cough) :)

At the last breath, we all have to die of something.........

Archived