An end to modified cars?

I can see where this is a good thing in some respects when you see the boy racers sheds held together with duck tape and rivets. My car is modified , a standard mk5 golf tdi but added extra GTi genuine bbs vw wheels, grille, headlights, tails lights and a top of the range tuning box By steinbauer ( not your £50 eBay special ). Now this all being genuine vw modifications parts except tuning chip ( which can be turned off while driving on the fly if required ) , would that make my car illegal ?

I can see where this is a good thing in some respects when you see the boy racers sheds held together with duck tape and rivets. My car is modified , a standard mk5 golf tdi but added extra GTi genuine bbs vw wheels, grille, headlights, tails lights and a top of the range tuning box By steinbauer ( not your £50 eBay special ). Now this all being genuine vw modifications parts except tuning chip ( which can be turned off while driving on the fly if required ) , would that make my car illegal ?

im in the same boat mate. there has been alot said on forums i go on but nobody has a definite answer. for example i have eu approved tinted rear lights and aftermarket suspension and alloys and other stuff but from what i have read anything that was not standard on the car when it left the factory will be illegal

Archived