Stolen Iphone by Taxi Driver - Saturday.

darken

I had my iphone taken as collateral while I went to the cash point on West Street by the tesco express on Saturday night around 10pm. I was intoxicated so naturally I handed it over, when I got back to the taxi and handed the guy £10 (the fare was less), He then took off without giving me the phone back!!!

Luckily for me I wasn't as intoxicated as he thought and I have already blocked the phone, contacted the police and reported it stolen, I do have find my phone installed and everything bar the photos are backed-up:(

He did pull up in front of the CCTV area by westfield terrace so thats a bonus as they are going to check the footage. Probably only a matter of time before the police catch him and he loses his license, Is there anything else I can do, or do I just wait?

Beats me why he hung around for a tenner if he had an i-phone. Is it possible he just forgot?

Phoned up the police and they stated he had 24 hours to hand it in to snig hill police station, all taxis have to apparently.

left it unit today until reporting it stolen.

I'm a taxi driver and I can say that if he drove off with it knowing he had it then wait till the police check the cameras and he will be charged with theft and have his licence taken away

Always try booking a private one that way you have their details

Archived