MPs renting out their taxpayer funded homes to each other.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/9615992/Expenses-scandal-MPs-block-details-of-new-expenses.html

John Bercow has written to the expenses regulator warning him not to disclose official documents that show the identities of MPs’ landlords for “security” reasons.

Publication of the names, which was supposed to take place today, would expose the extent to which MPs are exploiting a loophole in the rules that allows politicians to rent their homes to one another. The loophole means that MPs can still effectively build up property nest eggs at taxpayers’ expense, despite official attempts to stop the practice following the expenses scandal.

Sources at the expenses regulator confirmed that “some MPs” were engaged in the practice.

You have to wonder if they are doing this with their third homes?

MPs have been accused of exploiting rules intended to end the scandal of second-home expenses – by claiming taxpayers’ money for a third.

Some are earning thousands of pounds by letting out the second homes they bought with public funds, then moving into a rented third home nearby – and claiming Commons expenses on that instead.

The move also means they can dodge a new clawback measure that would force them to pay back up to £20,000 of profits made on the sale of second homes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335753/MPs-expenses-Politicians-cash-THIRD-HOME-ploy.html#ixzz29el9aN50

Really?....Do council tenants sublet?....Move into another home and let their council house? Didn't know that sort of thing went on! :huh:

It happens a bit in London. - Profit orientated.

And you sometimes have overcrowding, for example multiple people living in a 1 bed flat or bedsit. - Poverty orientated.

Really?....Do council tenants sublet?....Move into another home and let their council house? Didn't know that sort of thing went on! :huh:

Its always happened . I know a bloke who has had a council flat for years , he works ,so pays full rent on it , but lives with his girlfriend in her large house ,and sub-lets out his 2 bed flat to a couple of Polish Joiners. He charges them more than the council charge him for rent ,so makes a nice little earner from it.

He`s done it for years.

Its always happened . I know a bloke who has had a council flat for years , he works ,so pays full rent on it , but lives with his girlfriend in her large house ,and sub-lets out his 2 bed flat to a couple of Polish Joiners. He charges them more than the council charge him for rent ,so makes a nice little earner from it.

He`s done it for years.

I'm surprised!.....Nothing surprises me where MP's are concerned, but I didn't think it happened to the little people (no I don't mean midgets).

Archived