Norfolk Arms - what happened??

Nerra

This was a pub that my wife and I used to enjoy going to for a nice meal. As it happens we haven't been in about 6 months but decided to go there this evening.

The food was absolutely awful. I had the steak burger and after waiting for 45 minutes it arrived dry and burnt on stale dry bread. I took one bite and sent it back immediately. I'm not normally one for sending food back but this was beyond a joke.

They seemed happy to make me another one. Unfortunately the second one arrived dry and burnt again except this time it was on some different stale bread that felt like it had just been defrosted in the microwave.

After that they seemed to avoid us and didn't once come over to ask how the food was. My wife's steak and ale pie was extremely watery boasting a grand total of 3 pieces of meat in it.

I begrudgingly paid for the meal and left. The atmosphere of the pub is great and we love the location but the food has taken a serious down turn.

I have never once written or felt compelled to write a review on an eating experience but this has really left a bad taste in my mouth (literally).

I'd love to know what's happened as the food used to be decent.

Edited by Nerra