More Horsegate today - now it's your kids and the sick

....and now todays news is that horsemeat has been found in school and hospital meals. So all the doubters out there who say they can't see what the fuss is about.......your kids have been eating it at school - and you've been paying for it (not all school dinner children get them free due to Parents' Benefits) You Mums and Dads are Ok with that, are you?

And if you went in to hospital for an operation recently, you might have been served horse in that luke warm cottage pie.

Some 'adults' on here might say it's a story been blown out of proportion by the media.......but i can well imagine many many parents being furious at their kids been served horse under the guise of beef - without been informed so the more affluent ones could pack up a lunch themselves instead.

And what about the kids on ,Free School Meals, because that's all they get except a jam sandwich for tea.

This whole business is disgusting me - its penalising the poor again. But as things stand now - everyone vulnerable, is being affected regardless.

Lets hope thousands of Tory supporters will now be up in arms - and call for an early General Election.

Give the rich lower taxes, and feed their kids horse sneakily at school, - kick the poor into the gutter - and feed them horse as well because they can only afford the cheapest food---

--its a win win for Cameron and his Cronies at the moment.........-he must sing 'We're in the money......' in the shower.

---------- Post added 16-02-2013 at 04:36 ----------

There is a petition going here - http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45329

To be honest I can't say that it bothers me much. Horse, cow, pig, rabbit, lamb, chicken, they are all edible animals.

Has anyone come to any harm from eating these products? Probably not.

I agree that if a product contains horse it should be labelled as such and people should have the choice whether to eat it or not. That is the issue here.

To be honest I can't say that it bothers me much. Horse, cow, pig, rabbit, lamb, chicken, they are all edible animals.

Has anyone come to any harm from eating these products? Probably not.

I agree that if a product contains horse it should be labelled as such and people should have the choice whether to eat it or not. That is the issue here.

I'm with you - feeling "outaged" is kind of passing me by.

Yes if there is / was Bute in the meat that is very very wrong - but not heard any reports of illness and presume the amounts will have been minuscule.

Equally very wrong that the choice to eat it was not there.

Some good may even come of this if it makes people consider the provenance of their food in future - and causes a decline in people eating ready meals etc.

What I do hope is that we do not waste millions investigating this......we know its there, put some processes in place to prevent it happening - and move on.

There are things I am bothered about.

Inequality bothers me.

Youth unemployment bothers me.

The education system bothers me.

The NHS predicament bothers me.

A bit of horse in food (unless contaminated) does not overly bother me.

Yes these are the type of things that I can find it in me to be bothered about.

I don't subscribe to the paranoia and conspiracy theories that putting horse meat in food products is another way of penalising the poor, or that the government are quids in over this issue.

Also, shouldn't it be 'bovvered' not 'boffered'??

What bothers me, is that the criminals carrying out this business are (I hear) probably buying these old horses for about a tenner at auction and transferring and butchering them in questionable conditions.

Yes this is an important issue.

When I spoke of edible foodstuffs I was only considering that the products had come from properly farmed / legitimate suppliers in the first instance

I can't say this really bothers me, apart from the fraud element of it.

If people are deliberately mis-labelling something to make more profit then that is wrong and they should be prosecuted just like anybody else committing fraud.

I certainly don't see this as a political issue though.

Regards

Doom

- without been informed so the more affluent ones could pack up a lunch themselves instead.

And what about the kids on ,Free School Meals, because that's all they get except a jam sandwich for tea.

Lets hope thousands of Tory supporters will now be up in arms - and call for an early General Election.

Give the rich lower taxes, and feed their kids horse sneakily at school, - kick the poor into the gutter - and feed them horse as well because they can only afford the cheapest food---

Are you Mecky in disguise?

Your OP is crap from start to finish. Your conclusion is that this is all about class and that the government are responsible and will benefit in some way. That is complete rubbish.

First you should note that vegetarian meals are available in schools and so if there is a risk of meat contamination kids don't have to eat meat. That rubbishes your argument that rich parents can get round the contamination but poor kids can't.

Second, what has it to do with the government? They're the ones helping to sort it out. They're not responsible. Why should there be a general election due to something the government didn't cause? Did Labour call one when WMD weren't found or when all those MPs were caught fiddling their expenses?

On top of that, by saying that poor kids only get a jam sandwich at teatime you're insulting and stigmatising the same families you claim to be defending. Poor kids don't just get jam sandwiches at teatime.

Archived