It's all in a name-as long as it's not 'Chardonnay'!

Should people be judged by their name?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should people be judged by their name?

• YES
    • NO

Saw this interview with Katie Hopkins (former Apprentice contestant) who's now making a living as one of those TV pundits who deliberately sets out to offend people.

In this piece she claims to judge the children she'll let her own play with based on their names..so no Tyler's, Charmaine's or Chardonnay's going anywhere near her privileged progeny.

Thank god she don't live in Sheffield..she'd have to get used to 'Cole' (pronounced Coy-ul), 'Steel' and 'Blade'..and they're the posh kids ;)

Would you let your children knock around with an Arabella, Sebastian or Alexandra?

I would never let my children have any contact with somebody who was pretentious enough to name themselves after a young Daniel Defoe character.

:)

:hihi:

Indeed, but imagine having to play with the Cocteau Twins, right pair of delinquents!

I was thinking about naming my next child after one of the pilots call-sign names in Top Gun. Or maybe even from Hotshots!

May I be the first on here to congratulate you Mr. Booster! ... I didn't even know you were pregnant ... quite a feat for a bloke! :thumbsup::)

May I be the first on here to congratulate you Mr. Booster! ... I didn't even know you were pregnant ... quite a feat for a bloke! :thumbsup::)

Well, it's not happened yet, but we're trying. I think I just need to plan around my cycles better

Indeed, but imagine having to play with the Cocteau Twins, right pair of delinquents!

Yeah, stuff the parents ... I wouldn't want to hang around with me ... I'm sure the kids will be fine. :thumbsup:

Incidentally, there's an interesting chapter in the book Freakanomics about the names given to kids and the correlation to "chavness".

Please do not besmirch the Cocteau Twins Mr. Friday ... my favourite band!

The Aphex Twin isn't very nice though ... :)

---------- Post added 05-07-2013 at 08:50 ----------

Well, it's not happened yet, but we're trying. I think I just need to plan around my cycles better

Thought you were more into cars than pedal bikes ... :huh:

If it's cycles you're into though, take care ... I understand the pointy saddles can play havoc with gentlemens reproductive tackle! :gag:

Please do not besmirch the Cocteau Twins Mr. Friday ... my favourite band!

I always liked you before I knew that ... but now I'm wondering what we are going to call our children ... Elizabeth for a girl obviously :)

Yeah, stuff the parents ... I wouldn't want to hang around with me ... I'm sure the kids will be fine. :thumbsup:

Incidentally, there's an interesting chapter in the book Freakanomics about the names given to kids and the correlation to "chavness".

Come on, give us some examples! :)

Archived