Weerz Me Dad? Have you read it?

Touche

Has anyone else read this book? It must stir memories of Upperthorpe. If you haven't read it, read it! Does Daisy Walk ring any bells, as I often thought, Weerz me dad. Any thoughts appreciated thanks

Yes, Touche, it's very good and I can honestly recommend it as a glimpse into another world that disappeared long ago. Full of humour, pathos and general observations it is worth buying: you may find yourself laughing out loud as you read some parts so don't read it in the library!

There are one or two photos of Martin Street and a couple of maps. It is so funny....it captures the lot and everything I miss about Sheffield and where my dad came from..It touched me, made me laugh and made me sad but above all, out of all the trouble and strife there is the old Sheffield trait of having a laugh....Top notch, thank you Mr Pass

Guest teebee

i have read, re-read and re-re-read this book, its done the rounds of my whole family, and they all said how good it was, the bit in the book that really made me laugh out loud was when he caught the courting couple up against the park keepers hut, and then went home and told his mum that they must have been stuck, i had tears streaming down my face at that.

Archived