Owls hero Derek Wilkinson

staninoodle

Not sure if any of you are aware of the story thats broken over the last few days about Derek,now living in Manchester.

His home was so badley damaged by the stormy weather of Feb 12th that hes currently homeless.Now 79 years old,and with no home insurance an appeal has been launched by Owls fans to raise 3k,not sure if this is to cover the building costs or not,but it started early this morning and is currently 2/3rds of the way there by 7pm.

The story broke in the Manchester evening news the day after the storm.

Heard froma guy on radio sheff earlier, was it you stan??

put my tenner in.

Was it on tonights FH? Il listen back on the podcast if it was.No not me,i heard the story early this morning and ive followed it most of the day and hopefully played a (small) part in bringing about a happy resolution as we near the total.

I think the thing that fired me was the irony,first i read of Rooneys 300k per week contract,then i logged into see this story about DW,a guy who played his whole life for a fraction of what Rooney earns in a week and the clubs offer of a SIGNED SHIRT just REALLY peed me off.So i asked people questions and made some very sarky phone calls and within an hour a fund was set up.

Derek Wilkinsons best days were just before my time as an owl,but,i did see Derek play and my dad was a big admirer of his.The stature of this guy deserves FAR better than homelessness,im shocked at the clubs reaction and if anyone deserved to made a millionaire every month,id choose his ilk over the likes of Rooney anyday.

Well done and many thanks for your contribution mate.

UTO!!!

We'll done to the fans once again, swfc do not deserve our support and find this disgusting !

You know who you are you want to be ashamed of yourselves and should look after a older ex player that is in need.

Archived