Who is liable for damage?

Whos libel for criminal damage under the following circumstances?

Pub patrons leaving at gone 2am, shouting swearing fighting in the road and street, urinating on my property, throwing pint pots at my car on my drive causing a couple of hundred quid in damage?

Can i take issue with the owner/landlord?

He sometimes employs staff to stand on the door and all this happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!!

They did nothing about their patrons using my property as a lav!

They did nothing about the fighting happening 20ft away from them and they did nothing about one of their patrons causing criminal damage to my property.

Can i take him to court and make him pay?

Pub patrons leaving at gone 2am, shouting swearing fighting in the road and street, urinating on my property, throwing pint pots at my car on my drive causing a couple of hundred quid in damage?

He sometimes employs staff to stand on the door and all this happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!!

They did nothing about the fighting happening 20ft away from them and they did nothing about one of their patrons causing criminal damage to my property.

In a word...No.

In a word yes.

But your only real recourse is to complain to the police & licensing authority.

He could have his license revoked for keeping a disorderly house.

The people doing the damage are the ones accountable for the damage caused. The door security are there to make sure that there is no trouble in the pub, out side the pub it's a public order offence.

Maybe your main avenue of complaint would be towards the police and the licensing department at the council. I would at the very least report the crimes to police every time something untoward happens, and I would talk to the landlord of the pub to let them know your situation.

I think you should contact the police for advice, not a forum. Btw, he is not libel, he is liable. There is a big difference.

Thanks for pointing out a typo.

Ive spoke to the police and the anti social people, the police are getting back to me today. Seems like im always in touch with the cops these days lol.

Anyway, im sure there are rules for pubs in urban areas. Rules about noise, anti social behavior and all that.

Isnt it the council who give out licenses on the proviso certain rules are followed?

Would it be worth getting in touch wit the council too?

For what its worth i never minded living so close to a pub but recently we had no end of trouble. New manager i think but anyway its got much much worse.

Ive had damage done to my car, my house, my daughter had something thrown at the window when she opened it to let some air in

One of them was shouting what he wanted to do to her and he was walking past the house holding his penis and gesturing to her.

Sick get!!!

Well its times to stop i say.

So im going to MAKE him follow the rules (when i find out what they are) and im going to MAKE him take his social responsibilities more serious.

Or im going to see to it that it gets closed down!!!!!

---------- Post added 19-04-2014 at 12:03 ----------

The people doing the damage are the ones accountable for the damage caused. The door security are there to make sure that there is no trouble in the pub, out side the pub it's a public order offence.

Maybe your main avenue of complaint would be towards the police and the licensing department at the council. I would at the very least report the crimes to police every time something untoward happens, and I would talk to the landlord of the pub to let them know your situation.

Thanks, Ill contact the licensing dept as soon as they are open.

As for the landlord??

Hes a tosser of the highest order and i wouldnt waste my time with him. Even my dog hates him and my dog loves everyone!

Thanks, Ill contact the licensing dept as soon as they are open.

As for the landlord??

Hes a tosser of the highest order and i wouldnt waste my time with him. Even my dog hates him and my dog loves everyone!

It may well help to report the each separate incidence to the police as well as they happen.

Good luck, when I grew up we lived a few houses down from a bar, it was traditionally a day-time bar for returning fishermen, really quiet place, hardly any trouble. But it got a new owner and turned into a really noisy place where there was always trouble, then it got closed by the council only for them to provide a license to make it a Hells Angels clubhouse!

It may well help to report the each separate incidence to the police as well as they happen.

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. Ill do that. Although the police will probably get sick of me lol.

Im also going to start exporting my captured cctv images to a disk or something and let the police and council have it. Perhaps seeing it with their own eyes will help me.

:)

In a word yes.

But your only real recourse is to complain to the police & licensing authority.

He could have his license revoked for keeping a disorderly house.

Do you know anything about law? Door man is to protect the pub and not what happen down the road.

Archived