Important visit today ?

Driving down Greenland Road today & 2 police motorbike outriders stopped the traffic to allow travelling up Shepcote Lane a Police motorbike followed by black land rover followed by an unmarked police BMW X5 followed by another 2 police bikes. I was just wondering if anybody knew of any important people visiting Sheffield today?

Driving down Greenland Road today & 2 police motorbike outriders stopped the traffic to allow travelling up Shepcote Lane a Police motorbike followed by black land rover followed by an unmarked police BMW X5 followed by another 2 police bikes. I was just wondering if anybody knew of any important people visiting Sheffield today?

Saw the same thing on Staniforth Road about 2.30 pm yesterday.

I've checked the Royal.gov.uk website and there aren't any planned / advertised Royal visits to South Yorkshire in the next couple of months. There might be some visits that are private eg to companies where the public wouldn't be able to attend.

I wonder if the cavalcade could be something to do with the Courts. I've seen things like this for transporting Judges

It was Lionel Messi, he is a transfer target for the Sheik at the Lane.

Archived