Any old regulars of the mulberry

kirky

• 1 year later...

would i be right in saying the mulberry was the first boozer in sheffield city centre to have a video juke box,it would have been around 1981 and i remember it was such a big deal that you could get the video with the song,the place was always rammed upstairs and down.

Kirky ,

I might be completely wrong about this but I remember a jukebox that showed pictures on the top as the music played in the Hermitage , on London Road , way before 1981.

Trouble is , it was probably a primitive version of a video jukebox and since I' m really technically illiiterate , I call them all the same name.

The Hermitage was pretty respectable at that time and I even took my mother in , who very rarely went in pubs .

I THINK the song on the juke box that we saw was Freddy and the Dreamers , singing that one that went , "How do you do what you do to me " , which may help you date it.

No chortling please-----it was modern for that time !

Archived