Windows will not update my Vista

woolyhead

My Vista Home Premium would not update windows. Instead I got a blank screen for a few minutes, followed by a message "update software not available." Updates used to work until I used AVG computer disc cleanup and performance fix. Can I recover whatever AVG deleted (if it was them) or get back the missing software from Windows, I wondered. Then I got Microsoft online help and they sorted it out. Took them 90 minutes but they did it.

On another subject (sorry) I have a 7 disc for sale because I discovered a shop where I can have Windows 7 plus all the usual Microsoft drivers installed, with a licence, for £40. My 137Gb HD is about 7 years old and half full and the shop also offered to replace it with a new 350 Gb one for £20. So with VAT added the whole cost would be £72. I'm thinking of having this work done. Any comments, anyone?

7 days after posting...From the deafening number of replles shall I take it that nobody cares? Boo hoo!

Edited by woolyhead