Shah Groceries, Abbeydale Road

Shah Groceries, down from Abbeydale Cinema, I see it has been gutted and is being revamped, I think the owner who has been there for years may have retired or moved?

Anyway it looks like they are building some sort of bar in there , considering the fashion for real ale, I was just wondering if it was going to become a new real ale bar there ? If so it would make a nice accompaniment to the Picture House, Broadfield and the craft beer shop .... anyone heard anything ?

Shah Groceries, down from Abbeydale Cinema, I see it has been gutted and is being revamped, I think the owner who has been there for years may have retired or moved?

Anyway it looks like they are building some sort of bar in there , considering the fashion for real ale, I was just wondering if it was going to become a new real ale bar there ? If so it would make a nice accompaniment to the Picture House, Broadfield and the craft beer shop .... anyone heard anything ?

It was in the star that mr Shah has retired after so many years in business, don't know what it's going to be but if I find out I will let you know...

Such a lovely man, sadly for him the competition became bigger and better, I wish him health and happiness in his retirement.

Or did he just reach an age where he wanted to retire? It's a loss because I used to shop there for obscure Asian ingredients.

When was the shop first opened and was it the first of its kind in Sheffield?

---------- Post added 20-11-2015 at 16:47 ----------

It was in the star that mr Shah has retired after so many years in business, don't know what it's going to be but if I find out I will let you know...

Can't find the article in the Star.