Anyone know who can help with bee removal?

Hi all.

My house appears to have developed at least 3 points where bees are nesting outside the house and getting in via cracks in the brickwork or behind guttering under tiles etc, over the past week.

It is private rented but I can't get in touch with my landlord and they are getting in the house, not sure how but I suspect air vents so I am about to tape netting over them all as a temporary measure.

Are there any bee keepers out there who want to come and take the nests away? If nobody wants to do it I'm going to have to get pest control in because they are swarming around the back door, we can't have any windows open and they are terrorising our dog, we can't spend all summer like this, at any given time there is at least 15 bees flying around the door. I've been removing them from the house for a couple of days but it's getting ridiculous now!

They will only take Honey Bees - they wanted nothing to do with Bumble Bees we had last year in our house. Just had a bee in the house..hoping the same isn't happening as it was last year. We had no choice but to get someone out to cease them..

I spoke to a bee keeper but he wasn't interested in taking them as they aren't accessible. Although he was horrified at the prospect of me using pest control, I really don't see any other option, at least for the nest by the back door. The one at the top of the house I'll wait to consult with my landlord but the one outside the door needs removing asap.

Someone coming tomorrow, should learn a bit more after he's been!

try these people will help you providing they are honey bees and not masonry bees

http://www.bbka.org.uk/contact/

Swarms

The BBKA is a small charity with limited resources and it relies on a dedicated team of volunteers to collect swarms in public areas. In the office we have just four members of staff, and receive up to 300 phone calls a day asking about swarms. Around 75% of these are about insects other than honey bees, so please go to our Do You Have a Swarm page to check whether the insects you need advice on are actually honey bees.

• 1 year later...

:help:I have a bird box in my garden. It is full of bees, creating a health and safety hazard for my two young children as the bees are swarming all around it. I don't really want to kill the bees or even worse provoke them and not kill them. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Any idea what type of bees they are? If they are honey bees, call a bee keeper and they normally take them away for free. If they are Bumble Bees, from previous experience, they wanted nothing to do with them.

:help:I have a bird box in my garden. It is full of bees, creating a health and safety hazard for my two young children as the bees are swarming all around it. I don't really want to kill the bees or even worse provoke them and not kill them. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Bee's are not a safety hazard to children. Use this time to teach them about nature, how bee's are basically the key to all our food production and what the bee's are doing.

This should be a learning experience, not a panic moment and a rabid killing frenzy.

Bee's are not a safety hazard to children. Use this time to teach them about nature, how bee's are basically the key to all our food production and what the bee's are doing.

This should be a learning experience, not a panic moment and a rabid killing frenzy.

OK Thanks. Feeling a bit more relaxed about the bees now. Are they making a comeback?