Police activity in Nether Edge 15 Aug?

Dozer

This is not related to the car crash on 14 August (separate thread).

On Monday evening, there were at least six police cars, including two of those unmarked black SUVs, on Moncrieffe Road near Sheldon Road. There were canine units as well, with police loading some lads in the back of some cars and looking behind houses. Later the police hauled a small car off the road, and later still the police helicopter was overhead.

Seems like a big response -- we were curious and concerned. Does anyone have any details?

Hope everyone's OK. Police seemed very professional.

Don't know if this is related, but about 19 20 yesterday evening, I turned right out of Napier Street on to Summerfield Street and was nearly hit by a car being chased at high speed by a huge unmarked black police 4x4. The vehicles headed up towards Washington Road/Cemetery Road traffic lights. As I got to the junction of Summerfield Street and Ecclesall Road 2 marked police cars flew up Ecclesall Road and I could hear still more sirens behind me.