What self defence would suit me best?

fredsredhat

Hi all. I want to get fit again so ive decided i want to join a self defence class as well as cycling. Also afer feeling a little unsure of my safety the other night i ought to learn how to get out of the worst case...The thing is i really screwed up my foot in a fall and i have plates and screws in there. I cant run, walk for very long or take any impact at all on it. The surgeon says this is as good as it gets so i need to think long term. Im quite unfit after this time off with my foot but otherwise quite tough and was reasonably fit before the accident. what would you experts suggest? thanks, Nick.

Hi all. I want to get fit again so ive decided i want to join a self defence class as well as cycling. Also afer feeling a little unsure of my safety the other night i ought to learn how to get out of the worst case...The thing is i really screwed up my foot in a fall and i have plates and screws in there. I cant run, walk for very long or take any impact at all on it. The surgeon says this is as good as it gets so i need to think long term. Im quite unfit after this time off with my foot but otherwise quite tough and was reasonably fit before the accident. what would you experts suggest? thanks, Nick.

1) a good old fashioned solid kick in the goolys :help:

2) Followed by the ability to run away fast.

Its also about mind games too - know your enemy. IE

If someone (a mugger) asks you if you would like your head kicking in.

NEVER NEVER try to be funny and say

"Yes please" as that can backfire

Personally for you I would suggest Jiu Jitsu and Kickboxing.

Jiu Jitsu will help you get out of some sticky situations and Kickboxing will give you the knowledge and power to deal with them after you have got out of the situation.

Try studying mixed martial arts, you will make black belt in no time with commitment and training, trust.

Personally for you I would suggest Jiu Jitsu and Kickboxing.

Jiu Jitsu will help you get out of some sticky situations and Kickboxing will give you the knowledge and power to deal with them after you have got out of the situation.

Try studying mixed martial arts, you will make black belt in no time with commitment and training, trust.

But when someone can't run or take impact on their foot that's kinda difficult.

Warming up when training in martial arts is very important, running, skippin etc to start off with can prevent any later injuries.

Also kickboxing involves kicking :confused: ...impact on foot!

As for making blackbelt in no time...those people who have earnt blackbelt knows that as well as commitment and training...it takes time. Unless you were being sarcastic? in which case i apologise for taking it too serious:thumbsup:

1) a good old fashioned solid kick in the goolys :help:

2) Followed by the ability to run away fast.

ha ha thanks but a kick in the goolys would have me on the floor quicker than him and have you ever tried to hop away from a stand off with dignity? :thumbsup: not only about the self defence but i want to get fit. Thanks for the replys though

But when someone can't run or take impact on their foot that's kinda difficult.

Warming up when training in martial arts is very important, running, skippin etc to start off with can prevent any later injuries.

Also kickboxing involves kicking :confused: ...impact on foot!

As for making blackbelt in no time...those people who have earnt blackbelt knows that as well as commitment and training...it takes time. Unless you were being sarcastic? in which case i apologise for taking it too serious:thumbsup:

Aaah yes. thatll show me to read the post properly. Didnt see the bit about his foot. Well swap the bit about kickboxing and replace it with Boxing :cool:

And when i said blackbelt in no time, I dont mean within 2 weeks or anything like that, it will obviously take years, but it doesnt have to a be struggle. I made blackbelt at an early age.

Archived