Samsung a5 Bluetooth issues

Fusion123

Would be useful to know what car. I had an issue with Twingo and that got resolved by asking Dealer to upgrade the audio software in the Car. If you have had an Android System update it might not be syncing with the Car Audio as a result. What I find works best is:

1. Turn on VLC, select a Track/Album/Playlist

2. Turn on Bluetooth on handset

3. Turn on Car audio and wait for it to pick up Bluetooth and then press the Media button - I can tell when it connects, the DABS radio changes from mono stereo to true stereo from the phone!

Would be useful to know what car. I had an issue with Twingo and that got resolved by asking Dealer to upgrade the audio software in the Car. If you have had an Android System update it might not be syncing with the Car Audio as a result. What I find works best is:

1. Turn on VLC, select a Track/Album/Playlist

2. Turn on Bluetooth on handset

3. Turn on Car audio and wait for it to pick up Bluetooth and then press the Media button - I can tell when it connects, the DABS radio changes from mono stereo to true stereo from the phone!

It's an after market Sony head unit which Halfords replaced under warranty thought it was that but still same Samsung a3 j5 and a Alcatel all connect ok

I understand some 'heads' (and I still don't know what that means!) can be problematical. Is the device registered with the Audio? Has wnayone accidentally removed your entry because they couldn't get there's to play? ;)

It connects but where other phones display number on head unit the a5 is blank can answer call but no one speaks it's very strange

When you launch Bluetooth on the phone and click on the cog next to the paired device are 'Phone Audio', 'Media Audio' and 'Contact Sharing' all ticked?

Yep first thing I checked it all started after a big update never worked since so not sure if it's coincidence that it did it after update

This is how to turn off the Google stuff - forgot I did that quite a while back and can't remember how I did it in Nougat!

https://www.howtogeek.com/213784/how-to-turn-off-ok-google-on-your-android-device/

Also I sometimes have a 'memory' issue so if connecting to bluetooth headphones, bluetooth still thinks I want to connect to the car bluetooth - have you checked it is not trying to connect to a different device?

You also mentioned same model of phone can connect - have you tried renaming your handset to something different?;)

Edited by swarfendor43