Can Anyone Remember Greasy Vera's?

zippyzag1

CAN ANYONE REMEMBER GREASY VERA'S AND THE FAMOUS CHEGG BURGER? IT WAS THE OLD ARMY VAN PARKED BEHIND THE PETROL STATION, AT THE BOTTOM OF CORPARATION STREET. (NEEPSEND)

I MUST HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH BURGERS! THIS IS MY 2ND THREAD I'VE STARTED AND THEY BOTH ARE ABOUT BURGERS!! I'M NOT MAD REALLY!!:loopy:

When I was at college, I earned a crust at Dickens and Metro, after the Friday and Saturday night shift was over we used to all jump into one of the guys cars and go down to greasy vera's for a double cheggburger and a cup of tea.

It was a heart attack in a bap, but we loved it :love:

i was gonna post about veras :P

we always used to walk past at 2 in the morning from the clubs on our way back home to pitsmoor and see it

was there years

never went tho cos we were all veggie

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WERE MISSING!

WESTLERS HAMBURGERS, DEEP FRIED!! PEOPER HEART ATTACK MATERIAL!:thumbsup:

A GOOD MUG OF HORLICKS TOO.:love: TO SOBER YOU UP!

I always assumed 'Greasy Vera's' was a made up thing. Never for a mo did I imagine it to be real! Fabulous!

Did it have the name signwritten outside?

:hihi:

NO, NOT MADE UP AT ALL, THE SIGN WAS MOUNTED ON THE TOP OF THE VAN. JOHN SMITH FROM CHESTERFIELD WAS THE LAST PROPIETER AND HE REALLY DID KEEP A CLEAN SHIP AND MAKE YOU VERY WELCOME. SHAME HE PACKED IT IN.:(

Archived