Warning about Balti King, Broomhill

Epiglottis

Hiya,

Before I get into this issue, I need to tell you that I used to love The Balti King which has provided great food at low proces for ages in Sheffield and is rightly regarded as a great night out for little cash.

However:rant: As I was waiting for some takeaway at the bar area, I glanced breifly into the kitchen, What I saw appalled me. One of the old chefs in the back SPAT a giant lugey (greeney) accross the kitchen like it was as normal as putting your finger up your ass before preparing food.

Just a warning to those concerned with foof hygiene

Cheers:thumbsup:

Hiya,

Before I get into this issue, I need to tell you that I used to love The Balti King which has provided great food at low proces for ages in Sheffield and is rightly regarded as a great night out for little cash.

However:rant: As I was waiting for some takeaway at the bar area, I glanced breifly into the kitchen, What I saw appalled me. One of the old chefs in the back SPAT a giant lugey (greeney) accross the kitchen like it was as normal as putting your finger up your ass before preparing food.

Just a warning to those concerned with foof hygiene

Cheers:thumbsup:

You maybe ought to forward your observations on to Sheffield City Council.

I stopped eating there years ago as they and their sister establishment, Millenium Takeaway (also at Broomhill) were almost closed down for being so loppy with food preparation. Rat droppings were found in the food. Bet your saliva's going crazy now... :gag:

Eeeeekkkkkkkssssss :gag:

Their food tastes good though.

Maybe THAT was their secret ingredient :huh:

Really, i'd heard it had been shut for health concerns at one point however i've eaten there on lots of occassions (usually after a night out on the town) and not had any health problems. No hairs on the naan bread, no lumps of poo in the curry.

The only thing they don't have is coconut icecream (The Flouch does) :)

Hi,

Balti King hasn't had problems that I'm aware of - except maybe a drop in standards of cooking; the Millenium, their sister establishment, has at least twice been in trouble with hygiene standards - that is established fact, not urban myth...and could be verified by anyone who bothered to take the time.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed how Millenium keeps open, as there is never anyone in it.

Ade

Archived