Best martial art for me?

Colonel

Was wondering if you lot could help me out. Been thinking about taking up a martial art for a while but wasn't sure which as there are so many! I used to do Ju-Jitsu and was put off by the fact that i was only skinny and i would not be able to body drop a 12 stone bloke!

Im quite skinny so need a martial art that suits to my structure and a session during the week, preferably thursday nights in Sheffield. i have heard that Wing Chun is good but was wondering if there were any other types.

Thanks

Colonel

Underline that supposed ;) You will always find that there are certain techniques that are better suited to your physiqye than other. As a skinny individual you may find that the foot sweeps and unballancing are better for you than the big lift and throw types? I've always hated doing groundwork with wiry types - they seem to be able to wriggle out of holds and tend to be very good at finding openings (especially for strangles!) so maybe something in the Judo / BJJ line?

Im quite skinny so need a martial art that suits to my structure and a session during the week, preferably thursday nights in Sheffield. i have heard that Wing Chun is good but was wondering if there were any other types.

Thanks

Colonel

get your scrawny ass down a gym then boyo, and protein shakes from my protein.com i was skinny for years (still not happy with my weight) but the gym has helped me out big time.

Hey,

Try shodokan aikido:hihi: , we dont have weight classes, as it is the technique not the muscle mass and strength that makes it effective. Try it out, along with some of the other classes and see what suits you.

check out the websites for more info - we're in the centre of town.

cheers

Try as many as possible.

If you fancy a different perspective on JJ then we train on thursday night at the university sports centre.

The highest 2 grades in the club are a 5'2" girl and a 10 stone (wet through) wiry little guy.

Anyone who claims being big doesn't help is living in cloud cuckoo land, but it's not the be all and end all.

Hi

Does anyone know whether Jay_kd is still doing his club down near Bramhall lane? - I read about it on some now old posts and would like try a few of his classes. I tried to email him about it but never got a reply, and I've not seen any posts from him for a while. Does anyone train there?

thanks

Archived