Highway Child - 9 piece soul show band seeking gigs!

Highway Child are seeking new venues to play in. We are a slick, semi-pro 9 piece soul show band (2x vocal, 2x sax, trumpet, bass, guitar, keyboards, drums) and have played in many venues in the city centre and in surrounding areas (West St Live, Under the Boardwalk, The Grapes, Trippets, The Casbah, Dove and Rainbow, Moorfoot Tavern, The Intake, The Apollo - to name a few). We played to over 2000 last weekend at West St Live and everyone was very happy :)

We are seeking gigs in other pubs, live music venues as well as private bookings. We can offer 40ish songs which can be split into a variety of sets (ideally 2 but works well as 3 too) and an infectious on stage energy that keeps punters in YOUR pub - West St Live put us on every payday weekend for this reason entirely. We play songs made famous by The Blues Brothers and The Commitments as well as other soul classics.

Money can be discussed - PA available if necessary.

References would not be a problem should you require them...I know some forummers have seen us live so if you have perhaps you could pop a mini review on this thread?

Our Myspace is here and you can contact me either on the forum or at highwaychildband@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks!

Highway Child are seeking new venues to play in. We are a slick, semi-pro 9 piece soul show band (2x vocal, 2x sax, trumpet, bass, guitar, keyboards, drums) and have played in many venues in the city centre and in surrounding areas (West St Live, Under the Boardwalk, The Grapes, Trippets, The Casbah, Dove and Rainbow, Moorfoot Tavern, The Intake, The Apollo - to name a few). We played to over 2000 last weekend at West St Live and everyone was very happy :)

We are seeking gigs in other pubs, live music venues as well as private bookings. We can offer 40ish songs which can be split into a variety of sets (ideally 2 but works well as 3 too) and an infectious on stage energy that keeps punters in YOUR pub - West St Live put us on every payday weekend for this reason entirely. We play songs made famous by The Blues Brothers and The Commitments as well as other soul classics.

Money can be discussed - PA available if necessary.

References would not be a problem should you require them...I know some forummers have seen us live so if you have perhaps you could pop a mini review on this thread?

Our Myspace is here and you can contact me either on the forum or at highwaychildband@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks!

I can confirm this....great band :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi everyone

I decided to resurrect this old thread to say big thank you to the band for making my surprise birthday party really really special on Friday night. I have seen you 4 or 5 times previously and you never disappoint. I've been speaking to some guests over the weekend and they all complimented on your professionalism and that extra effort you make to keep it entertaining, engaging and personal, which made the occasion even more special.

This band is highly recommended! Polished performance! Cheers dudes :)

Archived