Why can't men settle for being friends with a woman without there having to be sex?

I'm very good frends with an ex-lover of mine. We look after each others kids, go out together sometimes and so on. We've just returned from a caravan holiday together with our kids. I have a new partner, she doesn't.

It works out absolutely fine. Sex isn't an issue at all. If we're walking along she'll link arms with me, we greet and part with a kiss and/or a hug. We're both comfortable with it.

mainly because men are men, we have hormones in our body that tell us to mate, just like women have hormones in their body’s to say you want kids..

Friends are long term friends, friends aren't easily come across, friend is somebody you've known for a long time and have always been friends.

How long have you known your friend, and you must have put some signal across for him to think otherwise

"rearing its head" ?

You've got to be kidding me? :D

Dunno is the honest answer. I can say in complete candour that I've never slept with my female friends who are not very easy on the eye or even thought about it as an option, but ended up accidentally having relations with those who are a bit better looking.

And now I'm a happily settled down young man it'll never happen again.

You been watching When Harry met Sally?

Weirdly though, a guy I am friends with,(went on an internet date, didn't fancy but stayed friends and have been for a couple of years now) started seeing a woman and I met her for the first time recently. I was the same as I always am with my friend but he seemed very uncomfortable even though his girlfriend was lovely and they've been seeing each other a few months now so their relationship is not an issue. She seemed fine with me but he shuffled, hardly spoke and was very different. He texted me later on to say he felt weird introducing us both as we'd both met him in the same way!

Gay men are great as you can talk about sex until the cows come home but you both know you are not discussing it with a view to each other!

I've got lots of male friends who have never been partners and who never will be. None of them have ever made me feel uncomfortable or pressurised with the sex thing- maybe I'm just unattractive enough for none of them to fancy me?

You been watching When Harry met Sally?

Weirdly though, a guy I am friends with,(went on an internet date, didn't fancy but stayed friends and have been for a couple of years now) started seeing a woman and I met her for the first time recently. I was the same as I always am with my friend but he seemed very uncomfortable even though his girlfriend was lovely and they've been seeing each other a few months now so their relationship is not an issue. She seemed fine with me but he shuffled, hardly spoke and was very different. He texted me later on to say he felt weird introducing us both as we'd both met him in the same way!

Gay men are great as you can talk about sex until the cows come home but you both know you are not discussing it with a view to each other!

I was recently talking to two men on a forum and got into quite a mix-up as I'd thought they were gay and found out later they weren't:rolleyes:

Archived