Any Sheffield Video Games Industry People on the Forum?

Hi all

Sheffield has a few good computer games developers. I work for one of them. I just wondered if we had many forum members from our small, close knit community?

Chances are we all probably know each other, or we share mutual contacts, but don't know anything beyond peoples forum identities!

Cheers

Bibble !

Hi all

Sheffield has a few good computer games developers. I work for one of them. I just wondered if we had many forum members from our small, close knit community?

Chances are we all probably know each other, or we share mutual contacts, but don't know anything beyond peoples forum identities!

Cheers

Bibble !

My ex partner used to test video games: what a nice job! :)

Any advice on where to go to find any work like this?

That would be my dream job! My first ever work placement from School was doing something similar, I remember thrashing a guy called Pete Harrap on Jonah Barrington's Squash while testing the 2 player mode on it when I worked at Krisalis Software in Rotherham, was about this time of year in 1990 iirc.

It can be, and generally is a very hard and high pressure job.

Test in particular can be stressful due to long hours and repetetive tasks. If you liked a game before you started testing it, likelihood is that you will hate it when you finish!

That said, it is a rewarding career when everything goes right.

Test in particular can be stressful due to long hours and repetetive tasks. If you liked a game before you started testing it, likelihood is that you will hate it when you finish!

Listen to Bibble. He/she speaketh the truth! It's not like playing your 360 for 3 hours and having a laugh with your mates. You'll play the SAME title for three to nine months continuously, over and over again, not playing to win, but playing to break it...

I can finish Jungle Strike and Nigel Mansell IndyCar on the SNES with my eyes closed as a consequence of being a tester....

Archived