The Fulwood Inn

Vanbast

I have just driven past The Fulwood Inn and noticed that it is now a 'Two for One' pub. Not the Purple/ Yellow logo, Aunt Sally's variety but the one with the brown sign.

Does anybody know if it's open yet and if so has anybody tried it? Has it changed at all from its previous form?

I went for a drink in the Fulwood Inn last Night.

Very nice they've done a really good make over on the pub. A total revamp, the beer is still good. I didn't eat but the food looked very good, were going back next weekend for a meal.

I hope it does well its a great setting.:thumbsup:

I went for a drink in the Fulwood Inn last Night.

Very nice they've done a really good make over on the pub. A total revamp, the beer is still good. I didn't eat but the food looked very good, were going back next weekend for a meal.

I hope it does well its a great setting.:thumbsup:

you're not the new tenant then?! :lol:

..fantastic building, really good refurb, fantastic, attentive staff...but they were caught out on a busy Saturday teatime in the kitchen.

Waited 20 minutes after we'd finished our starters for the main course, which when it arrived the potatoes were stone cold. Returned to the kitchen with no fuss or questioning, but returned with a tepid fish crumble! By this time my family had finished eating and I'd now gone off the idea. The manager was very apologetic and discounted the bill. The food is standard chain pub fayre.

The FI deserves to do well and everyone there seems well motivated..hope it was just a case of 1st Big Night Nerves! Good luck :thumbsup:

Ps..they must bring back the pool table in a quiet side room, they'll never fill it with family diners every night!

I went in with my pal a week ago, they don't serve Carling and I was waiting at a deserted bar for about 5 minutes before being served!!

The outside heaters don't work very well and the food seems a bit on the expensive side to say it is not made to order!

I'm not sure even the return of the pool table would tempt me into the place, which has so little atmosphere these days.

They have something like 58 members of staff on the payroll (this is true).

I've eaten twice and neither time was of particular note. In fact, the last time was a lunchtime at noon and I had to wait about 8 minutes for my pint to come, the order came wrong and the young waiter & waitress were fighting to serve our table because as soon as we'd asked one of them for something, the other would come and ask the same question etc. 'Ready for your order?' 'Yes, your college has already taken our order'.

I've also asked for draft (handpulled) beer on 3 or 4 occasions only to be given keg.

Archived