Can we start laughing at Leeds United yet?

BasilRathbon

It's been a while but the stench of failure is starting to drift over from Elland Road again. Last night they were beaten 2-1 at home by the mighty Cheltenham Town, who have just completed the double over them. Now this may not seem that significant but less than 10 years ago, when Leeds were one of the Premiership giants, Cheltenham weren't even in the football league!

The result leaves Leeds outside the play off places and, even in the unlikely event of them getting back the 15 points they were deducted, they wouldn't be in an automatic promotion place. Add to that their records in the cups where they've been knocked out at the first hurdle by such giants as Hereford United and Bury and the fact that their manager quit to become Kevin Keegan's secretary, it's been a pretty poor season for them.

When you consider that, less than 12 months after going into administration to avoid paying their bills, they've spent millions on transfer fees and wages this season, doesn't it bring joy to one's heart to see them failing so miserably yet again?

Can we start laughing yet? :hihi:

i think that unless they go up this year they are going to be in serious financial trouble!!!

Na afraid not scott, their crowds are now back, minimal debts and not many high earners on the wage bill.

The club are quite financially sound since they dwindled millions of out of the taxmand and other sources.

not many high earners on the wage bill.

thats true, I read somewhere that when they had a goalkeeping crisis at the start of the season, they had to get "permission" from the league to sign a goalkeeper.

If Ken Bates is involved, don't count on anything until the ink is dry on the end of season tables. Apparently, the match day program has the "real" league table in every week...

Apparently, the match day program has the "real" league table in every week...

Is that the one with Leeds not even in it?

They broke league rules, and consequently had no right to their share back, but they were allowed it under condition of a 15-point penalty. If he goes ahead with his court case, and it's decided that the League had no right to make that exemption, they'll just have to withdraw it, and have a league with no Leeds in.

thats true, I read somewhere that when they had a goalkeeping crisis at the start of the season, they had to get "permission" from the league to sign a goalkeeper.

I believe this was more to do with a transfer embargo than anything else to be honest,

They broke league rules, and consequently had no right to their share back, but they were allowed it under condition of a 15-point penalty.

They also signed an agreement stating they wouldn't take legal proceedings, which they started the next following day. The club is a disgrace to football, and how they managed to get one team in support of their case I shall never know.

I believe this was more to do with a transfer embargo than anything else to be honest,

They also signed an agreement stating they wouldn't take legal proceedings, which they started the next following day. The club is a disgrace to football, and how they managed to get one team in support of their case I shall never know.

Leeds are a disgrace. Always have been, always will be. Wise and Poyet have always a heros of mine, and since they have conspired with Ken Bates to destroy the club they have grown in my estimation.

Chelsea to agent 'Ken Bates', time to come home soon mission almost accomplished.

Archived