Wilkinsons Darnall

well,flamin eck!!!! me and O/h were only discussing this the other day, he reackons it used to be Co-op as he lived down there fo a long long time before moving in with me.

The lighting shop next door has always been a lighting shop though.

Will confer when he gets back from work just to make sure that's what he said. Bet he could name every shop/ pub from Banners down and the rest....interesting but can get boring.:hihi:

He can tell you where Liptons was etc cos he's old! but don't tell him.

well,flamin eck!!!! me and O/h were only discussing this the other day, he reackons it used to be Co-op as he lived down there fo a long long time before moving in with me.

The lighting shop next door has always been a lighting shop though.

Will confer when he gets back from work just to make sure that's what he said. Bet he could name every shop/ pub from Banners down and the rest....interesting but can get boring.:hihi:

He can tell you where Liptons was etc cos he's old! but don't tell him.

I seem to remember,the Lighting Shop,used to be Wigfall's.That would be in the 1950s - early 60s.

Your thinking of the Morrisons behind the front row of shops, this is now ALDI. The on he's on about is the Wilkinsons directly opposite the Wellington Pub, bang nex door to the lighting shop.

Hey...my memories playing tricks now....did this used to be some sort of bus terminus?

Gosh, no idea where that came from, but I still remember Cravans and the old Co-op dairy just before the bridge, where the Arena is now, with the model cow stood in the bay window type thing. Dad worked at Firth Browns and Grandama lived down Britnall Street...lol

yeah for Keithwwb! that was the other argument with O/H lol, I said the lighting shop could'nt have always been there and it WAS something else before, as I could vaguely recall a change over when I was very young....early 70's. He was having none of it!

Archived