Problems with the buses - 47/48/75/76

to all people inconvenienced by the errattic running of services 47/48/75/76 ...... the delays are being caused by roadworks at the bottom of barnsley rd in the firvale area , it is taking (for what is from pitsmoor to the bottom of barnsley rd) instead of approx 3 - 4 mins .... it is taking 30 - 45 mins just to get down barnsley rd it is NOT the fault of the driver or bus operator!!!! it is due to "essential gas main works" ..... plz do not have a go at the driver , it is totally out of our control , it is no more fun for us to be sat inching our way along than it is for you to be waiting a long while. if you feel the need to have a go at anyone contact the department responsible for the works .... i know when they are pulling busses off right left & centre & ur waiting etc its annoying but drivers have to have their breaks BY LAW but until the works have been completed , bus users & drivers are all in the same boat im afraid

anyone with northern general hospital appt's would be advised to travel early perhaps mods could make this a sticky

this is intended for ppls information & not another bus slagging thread as it is in no way bus drivers/operators fault & until completion of works will unfortunately continue !!!

Yes I can confirm that this is the case. I am now driving along Carlisle Road East then on to Upwell Street then Page Hall Road and finally right into Firth park Road. Otherwise I am sitting in the queue of traffic for ages.

I am a car driver and agree that is definately not the bus drivers' fault.

is there any service disruption advice on the First website or key bus stops? Perhaps if customers were given information then they wouldnt be so ****** off and be a bit more understanding with the driver, who is the only customer service representitive.

I have not seen any information anywhere. They did not even inform people living in the area. I found out when they put up a yellow roadworks sign about three weeks before they started work.

I don't thing they thought about how much disruption these road works would cause.

is there any service disruption advice on the First website or key bus stops? Perhaps if customers were given information then they wouldnt be so ****** off and be a bit more understanding with the driver, who is the only customer service representitive.

on that point i have no idea , you will have to contact first website admin , but it is (i can assure you) impossible to make back the time lost at this location without coming out of service & running light (empty to another point on the route if u dunno what running light means)............ just bear with things as far as drivers are concerned till works have ended as i said before it is totally out of first/stagecoach/TM travel & any other operators control , shouting at & slagging drivers off will only cause further delays !!!

What happened to the good old days, when drivers used to take a more realistic detour, I really don't think there was any need for 3-4 47 busses to be piled up behind each other, in the same place, defies logic, in the meantime the customers are stood waiting for hours.

No offence but the NOT OUR FAULT fob off don't wash with me, I remember once upon a time when a driver would take it upon himself to detour when he noticed tons of bus's stuck in traffic, then ring in and notify whoever.

You'll not see it these days, they are quite happy to sit in queue and cash in on the overtime.

What happened to the good old days, when drivers used to take a more realistic detour, I really don't think there was any need for 3-4 47 busses to be piled up behind each other, in the same place, defies logic, in the meantime the customers are stood waiting for hours.

No offence but the NOT OUR FAULT fob off don't wash with me, I remember once upon a time when a driver would take it upon himself to detour when he noticed tons of bus's stuck in traffic, then ring in and notify whoever.

You'll not see it these days, they are quite happy to sit in queue and cash in on the overtime.

Sorry but to detour around this particular set of roadworks would take the buses so far off route that they would be forming a new route. The bus would miss about 10 stops. The reason the buses are bunching is because the car drivers are taking a detour leaving the buses stuck trying to get through the roadworks.

Archived