Platillos - Leopold Square

Henri

Like you I'm not too keen on tapas. I don't mind the flavours it's more the concept of having a table full of little dishes with no room for anything else! And of course, when it comes to sharing - which in this case you do - how much do you actually take for yourself?

Platillo's is a nice place with good service and yes, the food was fine. But overall I thought it was a bit pricey (and I don't mind paying for good food) and I came away with the same impression I had before regarding tapas.

When it comes to Leopold Square, it's Strada for me.

I went in a large group, we paid a set price and got some of everything, which is possibly the best way to do it!

I know it's not much help to you :) but I just thought I'd say that it was all very nice food (even some of the fishy ones, and I don't like fish) so go with what you fancy at the time and you won't go far wrong!

• 5 years later...

That's such a shame, I loved that place. It won awards. I hope the people behind it will open elsewhere. I suspect that the rents in Leopold Square are prohibitively high because only the chains seem to survive there.

Such as shame as it is just going to turn into the food court at Meadowhall it's so identikit. Platillos was a great independent that gave the place charachter.

This place has now shut. Notice on the door saying suppliers and creditors will be contacted in due course.

Big shame if you ask me. It always seemed relatively busy to me

The portion size wasn't great and the place was a bit of a shed. I'd rather eat my tapas at Cubana which has ample portion size and atmosphere in spades. Just make your selection before you go as it is too dark to read the menus.

It must have been a bit sudden as I noticed they had a voucher offer on a few days back.

Archived