Band Recommendation for Weddings

Hi,

does anyone have any recommendations for local bands to have at a wedding? We're after something jazzy, funky, or reggae ideally - no cheesy covers and no Indie/Rock (at my fiance's request!). And we're on a tight budget so the more affordable the better of course.

Thanks in advance. x

• 3 months later...

Hi there, Highway Child are a local R&B Soul band. We play covers of classic R&B Soul songs from artists such as Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding, and also cover more Funky artists such as James Brown, Kool and the Gang and Sky and the family Stone. All done tastefully, (not cheesy). We have played various different functions, including The Octagon for Sheff Uni student's ball. The link below will take you to our MySpace page, where there is a full list of our repetoire of songs. Either email me on address below or leave a message on the MySpace. Cheers, Rachel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my OH and I have been looking at a band too and most people have been quoting us £700-£1500 depending on how big (and experienced) the band are. That's usually for 2 hours split into 2 x 1hr sets.

What kind of band are you looking for? We've been looking for a swing/easy listening band which tend to have more musicians in them so that might have pushed the price up a bit but I think you will still be looking at £450+ for a function band that have experience of doing weddings.

Hi, I'm looking for a string trio to play for a very short time (approx 1 hour / just 3 or 4 pieces) in a tiny venue in Lincolnshire, for my wedding in August 2008. I've been looking around on the internet, and the prices quoted for professional groups are a bit out of my price range! As a violinist myself, I appreciate that this cost is to pay for the quality, and 'behind the scenes' practice and preparation... Anyway... as I can't really play at my own wedding :hihi: are there any amateur or semi-professionals out there that fit the bill?

HI I know its a minefiled getting a decent band so personal recommendation really does help! i found out about the fabulous Nicola Farnon and band through a friends husband, they played 2 sets of 45 mins with great music on the pa inbetween.

They are the most delightfull swing/jazz type set up and cost us a wopping £650!!! (I think we pushed for the lowest price possible??) But to be honest they were worth every penny, there is nothing worse than your evening being spoilt by the wrong music!

She has her own website which you can contact her on I believe, just search on her name.

Hope this helps some??:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi there, Highway Child are a high energy local 10 piece soul band. We play a range of classic covers by greats such as Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Ray Charles.

We play alot of Commitments and Blues Brothers classics, which always pleases a crowd.

We have a repetoire of around 50 songs which you can choose from for your event.

We also have a couple of gigs coming up locally, which you could come to, and see what you think.

For more info see the link below.

Cheers, Rachel

Highway Child

Archived