Why are there no good sandwich shops in Sheffield?

Getting a good sandwich or full english breakfast seems impossible. Most sandwich shops, sell 'catering' sausages, which for your info contains, 25% mechanically recovered chicken, mmm nice (what on earth is that?) Maybe i'm just picky...thoughts, suggestions or anyone wanna go in business?

(my first topic so feel free to say get lost:) (i did a search and the only other sandwich one i found was woodys sandwich shop.)

Guest NicolaE

there are loads of good sarnie shops! Healds on Abbey Lane is great, seashells cafe is also good. Theres one up at Wisewood, and the pork shops down hillsbro do good ones too. I'm sure other people can think of more!

Best sandwich shop franchise in Sheff IMO would have to be Greggs.. As they're the only sandwich shop that'll make me a cheese sandwich with SLICED cheese instead of that annoyingly messy grated rubbish..

I am of course obliged to moot Dora Websters near the Leppings Lane tram stop cos Mum worked there for 11 years.

Originally posted by Rich

Best sandwich shop franchise in Sheff IMO would have to be Greggs.. As they're the only sandwich shop that'll make me a cheese sandwich with SLICED cheese instead of that annoyingly messy grated rubbish..

Greggs is not the best sandwich shop - they sell nasty plastic sandwiches. Relish on West Street do lovely sarnies.

Staniforths on Chapel Walk do cheese slices if that's what you like.

Me and Captain_Scarlet have had long converstions on this subject. My favorite is Nibblers on err dunno what the streets called, but its the one behind the SHU Union Teapot Center, on the corner, and one on the corner of Nether Lane in Eccelesfield. Also there is one down Chesterfield Road that comes high on the rankings.

Joel

Archived