Format for telephone numbers

GrahamY

Can I remind folks that the dialling code for Sheffield is 0114. If you post a number as 01142 XXXXXX some will just dial the X's and not get through.

Morrisons and my insurance company are amongst those who have got it wrong on their literature.

The correct format is 0114 XXX XXXX.

Am I right in thinking we've got numbers that start with 3 now, like 0114 3xx xxxx? Gonna mess with the systems of some companies if so...

yes we have. My mortgage mans number starts 01143 and hes on hillsboro corner

yes we have. My mortgage mans number starts 01143 and hes on hillsboro corner

Shouldn't that be 0114 3...................??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Balls thought Kel-lou was the OP which would have given my post more effect. Oh well.

one of my neighbours has got a phone number that starts with 0114 3xxxxxx

I think i read in the paper a few weeks ago that "they" were going to start issuing all new lines with numbers that began with a 3, because all the other numbers had been used.

The number was changed in PHONEDAY some 14 years ago.

I think it's pathetic how a city like Sheffield can't handle a big city's numbering system.

If any business is putting 01143 or 01142 - DON'T USE THEM! They can't be that competent if they can't write their number correctly!

The number was changed in PHONEDAY some 14 years ago. I think it's pathetic how a city like Sheffield can't handle a big city's numbering system.
How is it the entire City of Sheffield's fault if some people don't get their phone number right?

Archived