Is drink driving acceptable if your driving a mobility scooter?

Is it acceptable to drink drive a mobility scooter?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to drink drive a mobility scooter?

• Yesh tit is!
    • No, absolutely not.
    • Don't know

i thought that mobility scooters still had to be insured etc, so you are still liable as you would be in charge of a vehicle. i do know a man that was charged for being drunk in charge of a horse, so i would defo say you would on a mobility scooter.

i thought that mobility scooters still had to be insured etc, so you are still liable as you would be in charge of a vehicle. i do know a man that was charged for being drunk in charge of a horse, so i would defo say you would on a mobility scooter.

No they don't have to be insured. As they don't have number plates they are difficult to track.

I bought one myself following a knee operation and used it for about 6 weeks. Apart from charging the batteries every night you have no other responsibility.

No licence

No insurance

No instruction

No test

Certainly if you are incapable you could be done for being drunk in charge, but as you have no licence all they can do is give you a small fine and you can be out on the ale the following day.

Often in the pub you see an old bloke on his mobility scooter get tanked up on ale and drive home.
Out of interest, where are these pubs? I can't recall ever seeing this happen (not doubting it does though!).

Archived