Anyone else fined in Wickes Car Park on Fright Night?

Driving around for ages, as was worse than ever for parking because people thought they couldn't rely on the buses, eventually parked in Wickes Car Park, with loads of others. Presumed this had been made available for Fright Night as a gesture by Wickes, as it was full. Came back to find a ticket on the car along with lots of others - not your average parking fine though - BUT £80! :rant: Very expensive family night out for many. But a fantastic night for the clamping company. Why does our law allow companies to screw people over like this?

We had a fabulous time at Fright Night. Pity about returning to this.

I don't visit Meadowhall Retail Park or Centertainment on principle anymore because of how people are screwed over by the parking there. I now won't be giving Wickes my business, and more importantly, my Dad won't, who is a local builder and normally spends a great deal in there.

read the centertainment/meadowhell retail park thread - they have to prove that you denied a genuine customer a parking space to be able to enforce the fine, and as they were (presumably) closed at the time, they're on a hiding to nothing :P

Flatly ignore it, don't respond at all

... and if you're going to take your custom elsewhere (and your father is too), then make sure Wickes know about it, don't just do it. The TV is full of cut price ads for DIY stuff at the moment, so I'm sure they can't afford to lose business in that way

You see, if John Lewis had kept their car park open...

But they couldn't. Stop moaning!

Why shouldn't Wickes fine you? It's a car park for their customers only. I would bet there are signs saying this.

I would imagine there's CCTV of the car park.

There are 2 very large private multi story car parks in the city centre. Failing that there was Q Park at the train station.

But they couldn't. Stop moaning!

Why shouldn't Wickes fine you? It's a car park for their customers only. I would bet there are signs saying this.

I would imagine there's CCTV of the car park.

There are 2 very large private multi story car parks in the city centre. Failing that there was Q Park at the train station.

So in your opinion then, look at the link below, and bearing in mind it was Boxing Day, did this motorist deserved to get fined? Also bear in mind both Mr Vader and the person below were using the car park whilst the shop was CLOSED:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/action/Does-this-deserve-a-parking.4883730.jp?CommentPage=7

Edited by Ginger Daddy