Boxing Day Rave at the Casbah

TraceyCasbah

• 3 weeks later...

Wont be going in Casbah again for the foreseeable future, and neither will my girlfriends!

When a man you haven't even spoke to never mind encouraged gropes you, and continues when you warn him off, you have a right to defend yourself and should be able to expect back up from management.

He was obviously way too drunk and shouldn't have been getting served anyway.

Ok, so I swore at him and got in to a struggle with him, but what was I supposed to do, say "here, let me pull my knickers aside for you, they must be in your way...."?!?!

But who gets thrown out? I do!!!

If allowing men to behave like that and throwing out women who don't co-operate is what your club is about, then you're welcome to the amount and kind of clientele you'll get stuck with as word gets around... of course, I intend to help with that as I have a conscience and don't want to read about what happens to another unsuspecting customer of yours in a horrific headline.

Im sorry that you had such an unfortunate experience last Friday but, as even the strictest teetotaller could probably tell you, the Friday before Christmas is THE busiest night of the year! If you were a Casbah regular you would know that the amount of trouble we have is negligible & the biggest reason for this is the stirling work of our door team. Once again, I can only apologise. I was unaware of the incident, largely because I was SO busy.

Im sorry that you had such an unfortunate experience last Friday but, as even the strictest teetotaller could probably tell you, the Friday before Christmas is THE busiest night of the year! If you were a Casbah regular you would know that the amount of trouble we have is negligible & the biggest reason for this is the stirling work of our door team. Once again, I can only apologise. I was unaware of the incident, largely because I was SO busy.

I don't think being busy is a good excuse, you have a maximum number of customers imposed on you by H&S, but it's a MAXIMUM, and if you can't manage the number of customers you have on the premises then you shouldn't be allowing so many in.

I've helped promote events at SUFC and had people come from all across the county and further attend, but despite their disappointment the door staff had no qualms in not allowing people in when it got to full capacity. It's your responsibility.

We weren't AT maximum capacity. Did I say that? I said I was busy!! & as I've had no other complaints about anything at all that night I can only assume it was an isolated incident.

I didn't say you did say that, but you used the excuse of being too busy to protect a customer.

'Isolated incident' is a nice turn of phrase for making it sound unimportant, but trying to play it down just shows the lack of obligation you feel to your customers and their safety.

Archived