El Paso restaurant bottom of The Moor - highly recommended!

the white rose

A group of us from SHU (Sheffield Hallam University) go for a meal every Christmas, and this year one of the team chose El Paso as the venue. I just wanted to recommend it to other people as it was definitely the best place we've been for a meal so far. Lovely atmosphere, fantastic staff who bent over backwards to be helpful and were genuinely friendly. The food was great; Italian/Mexican, and the owner gave us all a Sambuco on the house at the end of the meal! And the price was really reasonable. Honestly it was a fantastic night out - would be perfect for a romantic meal as well as it has a quiet and intimate atmosphere. Apparently there will be some Spanish / Mexican nights involving salsa in the upstairs area so we're definitely thinking of a return visit. Thank you to all the lovely staff for giving us such a great evening!

Has anyone else been?

I've been once, wasn't overly impressed, but there was nothing wrong either; definitely a place I'd give a second chance to.

Plus, they do huevos rancheros :)

Glad you had a good night there - nothing works better for restaurants than word of mouth, and a good review is priceless; I'll be back to try again.

I will second TWR's recommendation, I went there a few months back and had the 'all-in' (everything on) Pizza and my bird had the Chimichangas. Both very, very nice and very reasonably priced, even for drinks. Would definitely go back.

went a few time this year with my now ex gf :-(

was never dissapointed, food was great every time. The only thing i didn't like was the location and the pub next door. does that guy with the wonkey eye eye still work there? could never tell if he was taking our order or eyeing up the women on the next table.

Archived