Who Owns The Bank Of England?

Why does the media never talk about who England owes the 700+ Billion deficit too?

We are in the worse debt since WW2, yet no one says a peek about who the money is owned too?

Why are the share holders of the Bank Of England a Secret?

Why must we pay compound interest on every pound that is printed by the Bank Of England?

Federal reserve is also a privately owned company?

are we getting scre*ed here?

The Bank of England was nationalised in 1946 and is wholly owned by the UK Government.

yes we persumed it was.. however labout gave the bank back full power

the holding company of the bank of England is a private company

who share holders are a "secret" check with companies house if you dont have faith...

We own 700 Billion . why is the goverment who can print its own Pound notes then spend them be in debt?

its a NO brainer - Bank of england Creates the money for us ,charges us compound intrests on every £ created , instant debt for the Goverment which means instant debt for you..

same with federal reserve!

yes we persumed it was.. however labout gave the bank back full power

They gave it independent power to set base interest rates, solely in line to achieve a target imposed on them by the Government. They did not sell off any shares in it. It's still wholly owned by the Government.

They gave it independent power to set base interest rates, solely in line to achieve a target imposed on them by the Government. They did not sell off any shares in it. It's still wholly owned by the Government.

right cuz Government cant do that its self :loopy:...

Fact is , Holding co of BoE is a private company who share holders are a secret hence why companies house will not disclose their names.

Your leaning towards the belief we / Gov own the bank etc..

If that was the case why do we pay interests ( 700+ Billion so far ) for the service of Printing our money ( ooo yeahh lets not forget the very hard & important job of setting interest rates )

i suggest you read up about how exactly a central bank works ( no wikki )

Rather than waste keyboard life, I point you to Wikipedia, which may sometimes be unreliable, but is pretty much correct on this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_System

lol, i said wikki, and the post before u pointed be too wiki,,, with respect you are very predictable..

hence why i kept the subject very simple.

Boe creates money = we receive money = we in massive interest compound debt

( if i cud draw a picture i would , if it helped )

Rather than waste keyboard life, I point you to Wikipedia, which may sometimes be unreliable, but is pretty much correct on this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_System

please federal reserve is the most obvious fraud ! at least BoE pays Goverment 25% of thier profits...

FED keeps every thing..

P.S FEDERAL RESERVE HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN AUDITED

do u know what a audit is?

Archived