Top Gear: Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz in a reasonably priced car

quisquose

Anybody else just slightly suspicious about the track time given for Mr Cruise?

:suspect:

lol, I did wonder, especially after his 2 wheel gymnastics, which must have cost him time, it was probably a condition his handlers placed on his attendance ;)

Why?

With the cars he as I would expect he will have had plenty of experience at track days.

Because he stood still at the start with the wheels spinning for about half a second, and then Clarkson said "nice start" and I'm thinking "what the hell".

Two wheels at the end probably cost him a bit of time as well.

But the margin of his time over that of the others just got my skeptic hormones all bubbly.

Add to that, the fact that he is a well known control freak, so I could imagine him agreeing to come on the show but only if he "won".

Because he stood still at the start with the wheels spinning for about half a second, and then Clarkson said "nice start" and I'm thinking "what the hell".

Two wheels at the end probably cost him a bit of time as well.

But the margin of his time over that of the others just got my skeptic hormones all bubbly.

Add to that, the fact that he is a well known control freak, so I could imagine him agreeing to come on the show but only if he "won".

The clock doesn't start till you cross the line.

As they always say if you look like you're going slowly then you aren't. Im fairly certain he has also done some semi-pro sports car racing and he certainly did a lot of the driving in Days of Thunder so would be used to driving cars consistently around a track.

No i am not for the reason i was told by a friend who's been to one of the shows, they do the track 3 times and do the best time at the end, and i believe it to has if you ever notice when they show you the filming of the cars in the past programs going round the track, one moment the car will have a big lump of grass stuck on the car under the wheel trim, or a wheel trim is missing of the wheel in one section of the film then it there again in the next section then gone again in the next section.Then they edit all the best bits into one.

This show is terrible for the environment, why can't they do star on a reasonably priced bicycle

They could ride around the track and see who gets the fastest time, just like they do with the car

And it would be great for the environment as well :thumbsup:

Does anyone seriously believe it was cruise doing that lap.

I mean the whole lap?

It was a stunt driver for most of it and i told mr partner before the times were announced hed get top spot.

Another thing. Anyone notice how tall hes suddenly become?

Stood next to cameron diaz he almost looked normal height :lol:

Just in case fella didn't find Cameron Diaz attractive enough before, now he has seen her pulling dohnuts in a Jag he was practically foaming at the mouth. This have the same effect on all you blokes?

This show is terrible for the environment, why can't they do star on a reasonably priced bicycle

They could ride around the track and see who gets the fastest time, just like they do with the car

And it would be great for the environment as well :thumbsup:

How's the Range Rover treating you?

As for the lap, I don't think they would have altered his time.

Archived