Can a doctor pick up serious diseases with these tests?

I have not been well lately, I have had blood tests at the hospital and a Chest X-Ray, I have had a couple of ECG's, This was because i had some chest pains.

I have also had what i think is a Neurological Exam from my GP as they were using an instrument to tap on my arms, feet and knees etc etc.

I have had doctors looking in my eyes, looking in my mouth, feeling my neck and my stomach.

Can doctors tell a lot from feeling your stomach and neck and looking in your eyes and mouth? etc, I have had doctors checking my chest and back with Stethoscopes as well.

I have also had a dental check up and had a Mouth X-Ray.

I have been having problems with my stomach and throat and have been worrying about stomach cancer or esophagus cancer for some reason, I have been having a few problems swallowing and my stomach keeps hurting on & off and i keep thinking i might have something seriously wrong with me.

I am 30 and gave up smoking 7 years ago and very rarely drink.

I have had quite a lot of tests lately and not sure if i should still be worried?

I know blood tests cannot detect cancer as usually a biopsy is required of the abnormal area for that kind of thing.

They are checking your fit and well to donate your organs to some rich person who is on the organ donor list. Have you ever had your DNA taken for anything ?

I would panic if I was you, if your a a match then your loosing your liver or a kidney ;)

Well thats not very helpful is it? The OP is seriously worried by the sounds of it, so i suggest if you have nothing serious to say then dont bother posting.

For the OP, i think doctors know what there doing, but if your still worried go back and see them and tell them your worries.

Can doctors tell a lot from feeling your stomach and neck and looking in your eyes and mouth? etc, I have had doctors checking my chest and back with Stethoscopes as well.

There are some fairly nasty things that they can rule out from a simple surface observation. That helps to cut down on the number of things they're still looking for.

I have not been well lately, I have had blood tests at the hospital and a Chest X-Ray, I have had a couple of ECG's, This was because i had some chest pains.

I have also had what i think is a Neurological Exam from my GP as they were using an instrument to tap on my arms, feet and knees etc etc.

I have had doctors looking in my eyes, looking in my mouth, feeling my neck and my stomach.

I have also had a dental check up and had a Mouth X-Ray.

I have been having problems with my stomach and throat and have been worrying about stomach cancer or esophagus cancer for some reason, I have been having a few problems swallowing and my stomach keeps hurting on & off and i keep thinking i might have something seriously wrong with me.

I am 30 and gave up smoking 7 years ago and very rarely drink.

I have had quite a lot of tests lately and not sure if i should still be worried?

I know blood tests cannot detect cancer as usually a biopsy is required of the abnormal area for that kind of thing.

you have good medical care from thorough doctors - you're bound to be concerned cos you're human - hope you're OK fella - sure you will be - take care

Keep plugging away at the docs if you're not happy, tests don't always pick up everything. Not to frighten you but I had cancer and it was missed through several tests including biopsies, it was only when they removed the lump completely that they diagnosed me. I've since had 4 more surgeries and radiation treatment even though my blood tests were often clear.

Archived